- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Urology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 459618, 2 pages
Advanced Prostate Cancer Presenting as Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome
1Urology Department, Portuguese Institute of Oncology, 1099 Lisbon, Portugal
2Urology Department, Egas Moniz Hospital, CHLO, 1349 Lisbon, Portugal
3Nephrology Department, Santa Cruz Hospital, CHLO, 2790 Carnaxide, Portugal
Received 24 February 2013; Accepted 9 April 2013
Academic Editors: S.-S. Chen, A. Goel, G. L. Gravina, K. Madbouly, and F. Ramezanzadeh
Copyright © 2013 R. Ramos et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Basic-Jukic, P. Kes, L. Bubic-Filipi, and B. Brunetta, “Treatment of thrombotic microangiopathies with plasma exchange,” Hematology, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 63–67, 2007.
- S. M. Biers, M. E. Sullivan, I. S. D. Roberts, and J. G. Noble, “Thrombotic microangiopathy in advanced prostatic carcinoma,” Urology, vol. 63, no. 2, 2004.
- S. Mungall and P. Mathieson, “Hemolytic uremic syndrome in metastatic adenocarcinoma of the prostate,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1334–1336, 2002.
- V. Perkovic, N. A. Came, A. P. Grigg, and G. J. Becker, “Haemolytic uraemic syndrome and prostatic cancer,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Medicine, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 383–384, 1999.
- N. J. Müller and B. C. Pestalozzi, “Hemolytic uremic syndrome in prostatic carcinoma,” Oncology, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 174–176, 1998.
- A. Innes, T. Bernard, R. E. Cotton, and R. P. Burden, “Recurrent haemolytic uraemic syndrome in the elderly associated with metastatic carcinoma,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 886–888, 1990.
- W. M. Van der Merwe and J. F. Collins, “The haemolytic uraemic syndrome and prostatic carcinoma,” The New Zealand Medical Journal, vol. 100, no. 829, pp. 483–485, 1987.
- M. Eugene, G. Deray, P. Cacoub, A. Achour, and A. Baumelou, “Hemolytic uremic syndrome and prostatic adenocarcinoma,” Clinical Nephrology, vol. 27, no. 1, p. 46, 1987.
- J. J. Sennesael, K. M. Vanden Houte, and H. D. Spapen, “Recurrent hemolytic uremic syndrome and metastatic malignancy,” American Journal of Nephrology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 60–64, 1987.
- J. Milutinovic, S. Irby, and M. Fisher, “Hemolytic uremic syndrome and metastatic malignancy,” Southern Medical Journal, vol. 75, no. 11, pp. 1409–1411, 1982.
- K. K. Francis, N. Kalyanam, D. R. Terrell, S. K. Vesely, and J. N. George, “Disseminated malignancy misdiagnosed as thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: a report of 10 patients and a systematic review of published cases,” Oncologist, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 11–19, 2007.
- J. B. Lesesne, N. Rothschild, B. Erickson et al., “Cancer-associated hemolytic-uremic syndrome: analysis of 85 cases from a national registry,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 781–789, 1989.