- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Urology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 924918, 3 pages
Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Bladder Mimicking Interstitial Cystitis and Voiding Dysfunction
1West Virginia University School of Medicine, P.O. Box 9238, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
2Division of Urology, West Virginia University School of Medicine, P.O. Box 9238, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
3Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, West Virginia University School of Medicine, P.O. Box 9238, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Received 31 July 2013; Accepted 29 August 2013
Academic Editors: S.-S. Chen and F. M. Solivetti
Copyright © 2013 Colton Prudnick et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. E. Johnson, M. B. Schoenwald, A. G. Ayala, and L. S. Miller, “Squamous cell carcinoma of the bladder,” Journal of Urology, vol. 115, no. 5, pp. 542–544, 1976.
- A. F. Kantor, P. Hartge, R. N. Hoover, and J. F. Fraumeni Jr., “Epidemiological characteristics of squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma of the bladder,” Cancer Research, vol. 48, no. 13, pp. 3853–3855, 1988.
- V. Serretta, G. Pomara, F. Piazza, and E. Gange, “Pure squamous cell carcinoma of the bladder in western countries. Report on 19 consecutive cases,” European Urology, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 85–89, 2000.
- J. S. H. Rundle, A. J. L. Hart, and A. McGeorge, “Squamous cell carcinoma of bladder. A review of 114 patients,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 522–526, 1982.
- J. I. López, J. Angulo Cuesta, N. Flores Corral, and J. D. Toledo, “Squamous cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder. Clinico-pathologic study of 7 cases,” Archivos Espanoles de Urologia, vol. 47, no. 8, pp. 756–760, 1994.
- A. A. Shokeir, “Squamous cell carcinoma of the bladder: pathology, diagnosis and treatment,” BJU International, vol. 93, no. 2, pp. 216–220, 2004.
- C. N. Sternberg, J. Bellmunt, G. Sonpavde et al., “ICUD-EAU international consultation on bladder cancer 2012: chemotherapy for urothelial carcinoma-neoadjuvant and adjuvant settings,” European Urology, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 58–66.
- P. M. Hanno, “Painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis and related disorders,” in Campbell-Walsh Urology, A. J. Wein, Ed., chapter 12, Elsevier Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 10th edition, 2011.
- S. M. Cohen and S. L. Johansson, “Epidemiology and etiology of bladder cancer,” Urologic Clinics of North America, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 421–428, 1992.
- S. L. Johansson and S. M. Cohen, “Epidemiology and etiology of bladder cancer,” in Seminars in Surgical Oncology, vol. 13, pp. 291–298, 1997.
- S. Z. Zaidi, J. M. Theaker, and C. J. Smart, “Squamous cell carcinoma in a patient on clean intermittent self-catheterization,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 352–353, 1997.
- M. C. Kaye, H. S. Levin, D. K. Montague, and J. E. Pontes, “Squamous cell carcinoma of the bladder in a patient on intermittent self-catheterization,” Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 645–646, 1992.
- S. Fletcher, “Interstitial cystitis: painful bladder syndrome,” Nurse Practitioner, vol. 13, no. 10, article 10, pp. 10–12, 1988.
- A. Rosamilia and P. L. Dwyer, “Interstitial cystitis and the gynecologist,” Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 309–319, 1998.
- J. B. Forrest and Q. Vo, “Observations on the presentation, diagnosis, and treatment of interstitial cystitis in men,” Urology, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 26–29, 2001.
- S. Pattison, S. Choong, C. M. Corbishley, and M. J. Bailey, “Squamous cell carcinoma of the bladder, intermittent self-catheterization and urinary tract infection—is there an association?” BJU International, vol. 88, no. 4, p. 441, 2001.
- T. M. Wang, P. L. Chang, S. T. Huang, M. L. Hsieh, and K. H. Tsui, “Squamous cell carcinoma of the bladder: a ten-year retrospective study,” Chang Gung Medical Journal, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 415–420, 1998.
- P. Amonkar, G. Murali, and S. Krishnamurthy, “Schistosoma induced squamous cell carcinoma of the bladder,” Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 363–364, 2001.
- S. Rausch, Y. Lotan, and R. Youssef, “Squamous cell carcinogenesis and squamous cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder: A contemporary review with focus on nonbilharzial squamous cell carcinoma,” in Urologic Oncology, 2013.
- J. Kim and M. R. Freeman, “Antiproliferative factor signaling and interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome,” International Neurourology Journal, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 184–191, 2011.
- H. H. Rashid, J. E. Reeder, M. J. O'Connell, C.-O. Zhang, E. M. Messing, and S. K. Keay, “Interstitial cystitis antiproliferative factor (APF) as a cell-cycle modulator,” BMC Urology, vol. 4, article 1, pp. 1–5, 2004.