- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Veterinary Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 280603, 3 pages
Rabies in a Vaccinated 9-Month-Old German Shepherd Dog, Akure, 2010: A Case Report
1National Veterinary Research Institute, Vom PMB 01, Nigeria
2State Veterinary Hospital, Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria
3Central Diagnostic Department, National Veterinary Research Institute, Vom PMB 01, Nigeria
Received 2 February 2013; Accepted 21 March 2013
Academic Editors: F. Mutinelli and D. M. Wong
Copyright © 2013 A. M. Qasim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Z. Hassan, D. A. Y. Adawa, E. G. Emmanuel, et al., “Behavioral conditions in Dogs. A review—behavioral disorders,” The Veterinary Journal, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 51–59, 2009.
- A. A. Dzikwi, J. U. Umoh, J. K. P. Kwaga, and A. A. Ahmad, “Serological surveillance for non-Rabies Lyssaviruses among apparently healthy dogs in Zaria,” Nigerian Veterinary Journal, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 214–218, 2010.
- R. Rimhanen-Finne, M. Kuusi, B. P. Quiambao, et al., “Imported Human rabies, the Philipines and Finland,” Emerging Infectious Diseases Journal, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 1318–1319, 2010.
- G. Ahmed, Y. Dashe, C. I. Nwosuh, et al., Rabies in puppies in Nigeria: An update 2006-2007. Book of Abstract, 45th Annual congress of NVMA, Owerri 2008, 56 Abstract, 2008.
- P. Crepin, L. Audry, Y. Rotivel, A. Gacoin, C. Caroff, and H. Bourhy, “Intravitam diagnosis of human rabies by PCR using saliva and cerebrospinal fluid,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 1117–1121, 1998.
- E. Schelling, M. Bechir, M. A. Ahmed, K. Wyss, T. F. Randolph, and J. Zinsstag, “Human and animal vaccination delivery to remote nomadic families, Chad,” Emerging Infectious Diseases, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 373–378, 2007.
- Office International Des Epizooties. OIE manual on rabies, 2000.
- A. Ogbe, D. J. G. Mohammed, A. Obalisa, R. O. Grace, and N. J. Zwander, “Clinical evaluation of the circumstances of Dog bite in Man and the diagnosis of rabies in suspected Dogs in Vom, Plateau State,” National Veterinary Research Institute Vom, seminar series 2001-2002, vol. 1, pp. 23–25, 2002.