- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Veterinary Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 357645, 5 pages
Addisonian Crisis due to Metastatic Adenocarcinoma in a Pygmy Goat
1William R. Pritchard Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, University of California, Davis, One Shield Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
2Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California Davis, Davis, One Shield Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
3Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California Davis, Davis, One Shield Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
4Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery, University of Missouri, 900 East Campus Drive, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Received 31 May 2013; Accepted 18 July 2013
Academic Editors: N. D. Giadinis, C. Hyun, L. G. Papazoglou, and M. Pizarro
Copyright © 2013 Nora Nogradi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. R. Bornstein, “Predisposing factors for adrenal insufficiency,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 360, no. 22, pp. 2328–2339, 2009.
- S. C. Klein and M. E. Peterson, “Canine hypoadrenocorticism: part I,” Canadian Veterinary Journal, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 63–69, 2010.
- R. W. Nelson, G. H. Turnwald, and M. D. Willard, “Endocrine, metabolic, and lipid disorders,” in Small Animal Clinical Diagnosis By Laboratory Methods, M. D. Willard and T. Harold, Eds., pp. 165–207, Elsevier, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 2004.
- G. P. Carlson, “Clinical chemistry tests,” in Large Animal Internal Medicine, B. P. Smith, Ed., pp. 375–397, Mosby, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 2009.
- P. A. Schenck, D. J. Chew, L. A. Nagode, T. J. Rosol, et al., “Disorders of calcium: hypercalcemia and hypocalcemia,” in Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Disorders in Small Animal Practice, S. P. DiBartola, Ed., Elsevier, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 3rd edition, 2006.
- Y. Engelbrecht, T. Herselman, A. Louw, and P. Swart, “Investigation of the primary cause of hypoadrenocorticism in South African Angora goats (Capra aegagrus): a comparison with Boer goats (Capra hircus) and Merino sheep (Ovis aries),” Journal of Animal Science, vol. 78, no. 2, pp. 371–379, 2000.
- C. A. Toerien, R. Puchala, J. P. McCann, T. Sahlu, and A. L. Goetsch, “Adrenocortical response to ACTH in Angora and Spanish goat wethers,” Journal of Animal Science, vol. 77, no. 6, pp. 1558–1564, 1999.
- L. Eriksson and T. L. Teravainen, “Circadian rhythm of plasma cortisol and blood glucose in goats,” Australian Journal of Applied Science, pp. 202–203, 1989.
- B. P. Meij and J. A. Mol, “Adrenocortical function,” in Clinical Biochemistry of Domestic Animals, J. J. Kaneko, J. W. Harvey, and M. Bruss, Eds., pp. 605–622, Elsevier, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 2008.
- R. W. Nelson, “Disorders of the adrenal gland,” in Small Animal Internal Medicine, R. W. Nelson and C. G. Couto, Eds., pp. 778–815, Mosby, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 2003.
- P. H. Kook, P. Grest, U. Raute-Kreinsen, C. Leo, and C. E. Reusch, “Addison's disease due to bilateral adrenal malignancy in a dog,” Journal of Small Animal Practice, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 333–336, 2010.
- P. Labelle and H. E. V. De Cock, “Metastatic tumors to the adrenal glands in domestic animals,” Veterinary Pathology, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 52–58, 2005.
- F. A. Uzal and B. Puschner, “Cervical leiomyoma in an aged goat leading to massive hemorrhage and death,” Canadian Veterinary Journal, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 177–179, 2008.
- K. M. Whitney, B. A. Valentine, and D. H. Schlafer, “Caprine genital Leiomyosarcoma,” Veterinary Pathology, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 89–94, 2000.
- P. Pfister, U. Geissbuehler, D. Wiener, G. Hirsbrunner, and C. Kaufmann, “Pollakisuria in a dwarf goat due to pathologic enlargement of the uterus,” Veterinary Quarterly, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 112–116, 2007.
- S. J. Woodhouse and C. S. Hanley, “What is your diagnosis? Uterine adenocarcinoma,” Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, vol. 238, no. 3, pp. 289–290, 2011.
- S. C. Klein and M. E. Peterson, “Canine hypoadrenocorticism: part II,” Canadian Veterinary Journal, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 179–184, 2010.
- M. J. Day, “Glucocorticoids and antihistamines,” in Small Animal Clinical Pharmacology, J. E. Maddison, S. W. Page, and D. B. Church, Eds., pp. 261–269, Elsevier, 2008.
- M. A. Kerachian, D. Cournoyer, E. J. Harvey et al., “Effect of high-dose dexamethasone on endothelial haemostatic gene expression and neutrophil adhesion,” Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, vol. 116, no. 3–5, pp. 127–133, 2009.