- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Cardiology Research and Practice
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 532620, 6 pages
Effect of Exercise Training on Interleukin-6, Tumour Necrosis Factor Alpha and Functional Capacity in Heart Failure
1Faculty of Health Science, Bond University, QLD 4229, Australia
2Department of Exericse Physiology, University of New England, Armidale NSW 2351, Australia
3Department of Cardiology, Stavanger University Hospital, 4068 Stavanger, Norway
4University of Bergen, Institute of Medicine, 5020 Bergen, Norway
5Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2B7
6Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Section, Institute Dante Pazzanese of Cardiology, São Paulo 04011-002, Brazil
Received 5 October 2010; Revised 12 January 2011; Accepted 14 January 2011
Academic Editor: Gregory Giamouzis
Copyright © 2011 Neil A. Smart et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Petr Dobsak, Jiri Jarkovsky, Petr Hude, Jarmila Siegelova, Lenka Spinarova, Josef Tomandl, Tomas Honek, Pavel Homolka, Jiri Vitovec, Ladislav Dusek, Marie Novakova, and Jan Krejci, “Effects of Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation and Aerobic Exercise Training on Arterial Stiffness and Autonomic Functions in Patients With Chronic Heart Failure,” Artificial Organs, vol. 36, no. 10, pp. 920–930, 2012.
- Ermanno Eleuteri, Alessandro Mezzani, Antonino Di Stefano, Davide Vallese, Isabella Gnemmi, Lorena Delle Donne, Adriano Taddeo, Silvia Della Bella, and Pantaleo Giannuzzi, “Aerobic training and angiogenesis activation in patients with stable chronic heart failure: A preliminary report,” Biomarkers, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 418–424, 2013.
- Stephan von Haehling, Lisa Steinbeck, Wolfram Doehner, Jochen Springer, and Stefan D. Anker, “Muscle wasting in heart failure: An overview,” The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology, 2013.
- Norman Mangner, Yae Matsuo, Gerhard Schuler, and Volker Adams, “Cachexia in chronic heart failure: endocrine determinants and treatment per spectives,” Endocrine, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 253–265, 2013.
- Lygia Paccini Lustosa, Leani Souza Máximo Pereira, Fernanda Matos Coelho, Daniele Sirineu Pereira, Juscélio Pereira Silva, Adriana Netto Parentoni, Rosângela Correa Dias, and João Marcos Domingues Dias, “Impact of an Exercise Program on Muscular and Functional Performance and Plasma Levels of Interleukin 6 and Soluble Receptor Tumor Necrosis Factor in Prefrail Community-Dwelling Older Women: A Randomized Controlled Trial,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 94, no. 4, pp. 660–666, 2013.
- Neil A. Smart, and Robert Murison, “Rate of Change in Physical Fitness and Quality of Life and Depression Following Exercise Training in Patients With Congestive Heart Failure,” Congestive Heart Failure, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 2013.
- Andreas P. Diamantopoulos, Alf I. Larsen, and Roald Omdal, “Is it safe to use TNF-alpha blockers for systemic inflammatory disease in patients with heart failure? Importance of dosage and receptor specificity,” International Journal Of Cardiology, vol. 167, no. 5, pp. 1719–1723, 2013.
- Sara R. Piva, Allyn M. Susko, Samannaaz S. Khoja, Deborah A. Josbeno, G. Kelley Fitzgerald, and Frederico G.S. Toledo, “Links Between Osteoarthritis and Diabetes,” Clinics in Geriatric Medicine, 2014.