- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Cardiology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 976976, 16 pages
Comparison of Atrial Fibrillation in the Young versus That in the Elderly: A Review
1Unit of Cardiac Physiology, Cardiovascular Research Group, 3rd Floor, Core Technology Facility, The University of Manchester, M139PL, Grafton Street, Manchester M13 9NT, UK
2Manchester Heart Centre, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WPL, UK
Received 12 June 2012; Accepted 9 August 2012
Academic Editor: Evren Caglayan
Copyright © 2013 Rajiv Sankaranarayanan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Gevorg Stepanyan, and Edward P. Gerstenfeld, “Atrial Fibrillation Ablation in Octogenarians: Where Do We Stand?,” Current Cardiology Reports, vol. 15, no. 10, 2013.
- Kristina Wasmer, Guenter Breithardt, and Lars Eckardt, “The young patient with asymptomatic atrial fibrillation: what is the evidence to leave the arrhythmia untreated?,” European Heart Journal, vol. 35, no. 22, pp. 1439–U57, 2014.
- Morten Schmidt, Hans Erik Botker, Lars Pedersen, and Henrik Toft Sorensen, “Adult height and risk of ischemic heart disease, atrial fibrillation, stroke, venous thromboembolism, and premature death: a population based 36-year follow-up study,” European Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 111–118, 2014.
- Vibha C. A. Desai, Christina M. L. Kelton, Anne H. Metzger, Teresa M. Cavanaugh, Jeff J. Guo, and Pamela C. Heaton, “Comparative Persistence on beta-Blockers Versus Calcium Channel Blockers for Ventricular Rate Control in Nonelderly Patients With Atrial Fibrillation,” Annals of Pharmacotherapy, vol. 48, no. 12, pp. 1570–1579, 2014.
- Nikhil Aggarwal, Subothini Selvendran, Claire E. Raphael, and Vassilios Vassiliou, “Atrial Fibrillation in the Young: A Neurologist’s Nightmare,” Neurology Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–9, 2015.