- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Developmental Biology Journal
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 426369, 6 pages
Actin Colocalization with Metaphase Chromosomes of the Second Meiosis in Ovulated Mouse Oocytes
Institute of Cytology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Tikhoretsky Avenue 4, Saint Petersburg 194064, Russia
Received 13 November 2012; Accepted 18 February 2013
Academic Editor: Tetsuya Kojima
Copyright © 2013 Natalie Bogolyubova and Alexander Ginzburg. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. T. Bettinger, D. M. Gilbert, and D. C. Amberg, “Actin up in the nucleus,” Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 410–415, 2004.
- W. Hofmann, “Cell and molecular biology of nuclear actin,” International Review of Cell and Molecular Biology, vol. 273, pp. 219–263, 2009.
- N. Visa, “Nuclear functions of actin,” Cold Spring Harbor Perspectives in Biology, vol. 2, pp. 1–13, 2010.
- F. Miralles and N. Visa, “Actin in transcription and transcription regulation,” Current Opinion in Cell Biology, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 261–266, 2006.
- I. A. Olave, S. L. Reck-Peterson, and G. R. Crabtree, “Nuclear actin and actin-related proteins in chromatin remodeling,” Annual Review of Biochemistry, vol. 71, pp. 755–781, 2002.
- M. T. Bohnsack, T. Stüven, C. Kuhn, V. C. Cordes, and D. Görlich, “A selective block of nuclear actin export stabilizes the giant nuclei of Xenopus oocytes,” Nature Cell Biology, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 257–263, 2006.
- K. Funaki, T. Katsumoto, and A. Iino, “Immunocytochemical localization of actin in the nucleolus of rat oocytes,” Biology of the Cell, vol. 84, no. 3, pp. 139–146, 1995.
- E. Nguyen, D. Besombes, and P. Debey, “Immunofluorescent localization of actin in relation to transcription sites in mouse pronuclei,” Molecular Reproduction and Development, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 263–272, 1998.
- I. Spector, N. R. Shochet, Y. Kashman, and A. Groweiss, “Latrunculins: novel marine toxins that disrupt microfilament organization in cultured cells,” Science, vol. 219, no. 4584, pp. 493–495, 1983.
- P. Lénárt, C. P. Bacher, N. Daigle et al., “A contractile nuclear actin network drives chromosome congression in oocytes,” Nature, vol. 436, no. 7052, pp. 812–818, 2005.
- Q. Y. Sun and H. Schatten, “Regulation of dynamic events by microfilaments during oocyte maturation and fertilization,” Reproduction, vol. 131, no. 2, pp. 193–205, 2006.
- J. Azoury, K. W. Lee, V. Georget, P. Rassinier, B. Leader, and M. H. Verlhac, “Spindle positioning in mouse oocytes relies on a dynamic meshwork of actin filaments,” Current Biology, vol. 18, no. 19, pp. 1514–1519, 2008.
- F. J. Longo and D. Y. Chen, “Development of cortical polarity in mouse eggs: involvement of the meiotic apparatus,” Developmental Biology, vol. 107, no. 2, pp. 382–394, 1985.
- B. Maro, M. H. Johnson, M. Webb, and G. Flash, “Mechanism of polar body formation in the mouse oocyte: an interaction between the chromosomes the cytockeleton and the plasma membrane,” Journal of Embryology and Experimental Morphology, vol. 92, pp. 11–32, 1986.
- J. van Blerkom and H. Bell, “Regulation of development in the fully grown mouse oocyte: chromosome-mediated temporal and spatial differentiation of the cytoplasm and plasma membrane,” Journal of Embryology and Experimental Morphology, vol. 93, pp. 213–238, 1986.
- B. Maro and M. H. Verlhac, “Polar body formation: new rules for asymmetric divisions,” Nature Cell Biology, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. E281–E283, 2002.
- S. Uchiyama, S. Kobayashi, H. Takata et al., “Proteome analysis of human metaphase chromosomes,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 280, no. 17, pp. 16994–17004, 2005.
- N. A. Bogolyubova and I. O. Bogolyubova, “Actin localization in the nuclei of two-cell mouse embryos,” Tsitologiya, vol. 51, no. 8, pp. 663–669, 2009.
- S. M. Gonsior, S. Platz, S. Buchmeier, et al., “Conformation difference between nuclear and cytoplasmic actin as detected by a monoclonal antibody,” Journal of Cell Science, vol. 112, part 6, pp. 797–809, 1999.
- K. Milankov and U. De Boni, “Cytochemical localization of actin and myosin aggregates in interphase nuclei in situ,” Experimental Cell Research, vol. 209, no. 2, pp. 189–199, 1993.
- N. A. Bogolyubova and I. O. Bogolyubova, “Early mouse embryos as a new model for studying of a functional role of the nuclear actin,” Tsitologiya, vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 645–646, 2010.
- L. Goldstein, C. Ko, and J. Errick, “Nuclear actin: an apparent association with condensed chromatin,” Cell Biology International Reports, vol. 1, no. 6, pp. 511–515, 1977.
- D. Rungger, E. Rungger-Brandle, C. Chaponnier, and G. Gabbiani, “Intranuclear injection of anti-actin antibodies into Xenopus oocytes blocks chromosome condensation,” Nature, vol. 282, no. 5736, pp. 320–321, 1979.