- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 148216, 8 pages
Concept Layout Model of Transportation Terminals
1Department of Transportation Engineering, Beijing Institute of Technology, 5 South Zhongguancun Street, Haidian District, Beijing 100081, China
2Key Laboratory of Traffic Engineering, Beijing University of Technology, 100 Pingleyuan, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100124, China
Received 28 April 2012; Revised 6 December 2012; Accepted 10 December 2012
Academic Editor: Klaus Bengler
Copyright © 2012 Li-ya Yao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Tomiyama, General Design Theory and Its Extensions and Applications, Universal Design Theory, 1998.
- M. A. Rosenman, “An exploration into evolutionary models for non-routine design,” Artificial Intelligence in Engineering, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 287–293, 1997.
- J. S. Gero and V. A. Kazakov, “Evolving design genes in space layout planning problems,” Artificial Intelligence in Engineering, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 163–176, 1998.
- N. Batarliene and A. Jarašuniene, “Research on advanced technologies and their efficiency in the process of interactions between different transport modes in the terminal,” Transport, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 129–134, 2009.
- C. Piccioni, F. Antomazzi, and A. Musso, “Locating combined road-railway transport terminals: an application for facility location and optimal location models,” Ingegneria Ferroviaria, vol. 65, no. 7-8, pp. 625–649, 2010.
- W. H. K. Lam and C. Y. Cheung, “Pedestrian speed/flow relationships for walking facilities in Hong Kong,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 126, no. 4, pp. 343–349, 2000.
- W. H. K. Lam, J. Y. S. Lee, and C. Y. Cheung, “A study of the bi-directional pedestrian flow characteristics at Hong Kong signalized crosswalk facilities,” Transportation, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 169–192, 2002.
- B. Young Seth, “Evaluation of pedestrian walking speeds in airport terminals,” in Proceedings of the 78th TRB Annual Meeting, pp. 20–26, National Research Council, Washington, DC, USA, 1999.
- C. Y. Cheung and W. H. K. Lam, “A study of the Bi-directional pedestrian flow characteristics in the Hong Kong mass transit railway stations,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 1607–1619, 1997.
- C. Y. Cheung and W. H. K. Lam, “Pedestrian route choices between escalator and stairway in MTR stations,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 124, no. 3, pp. 277–285, 1998.
- J. Y. S. Lee and W. H. K. Lam, “Levels of service for stairway in Hong Kong underground stations,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 129, no. 2, pp. 196–202, 2003.
- W. Delft, Modeling Passenger Flows in Public Transport Facilities, Delft University, Delft, The Netherlands, 2004.
- L. F. Henderson, “The statistics of crowd fluids,” Nature, vol. 229, no. 5284, pp. 381–383, 1971.
- U. Satish, H. Samiul, and A. H. M. Abdul, “Random parameter model used to explain effects of built-environment characteristics on pedestrian crash,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 2011, no. 2237, pp. 98–106, 2011.
- K. K. Laxman, R. Rastogi, and S. Chandra, “Pedestrian flow characteristics in mixed traffic conditions,” Journal of Urban Planning and Development, vol. 136, no. 1, Article ID 004001QUP, pp. 23–33, 2010.
- W. H. K. Lam, J. F. Morrall, and H. Ho, “Pedestrian flow characteristics in Hong Kong,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 1995, no. 1487, pp. 56–62, 1995.
- K. Ando, H. Ota, and T. Oki, “Forecasting the flow of people,” Railway Research Review, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 8–14, 1988.
- P. A. Thompson and E. W. Marchant, “A computer model for the evacuation of large building populations,” Fire Safety Journal, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 131–148, 1995.
- R. L. Hughes, “The flow of large crowds of pedestrians,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 53, no. 4–6, pp. 367–370, 2000.
- B. D. Hankin and R. A. Wright, “Passenger flow in subways,” Operational Research Quarterly, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 81–88, 1958.
- X. Qing, “Developing an urban transportation system centered with public transportation-Thinking about the transportation situation of CBD in Guangzhou,” Journal of Guangzhou University, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 243–246, 2004.
- Z. Shuai, The Optimal Design Study of Urban Rail Transit Hub Internal Space Traffic Streamline, Beijing Jiaotong University, 2011.
- L. J. Yan, Z. Zuo, Z. Z. Yang, and H. G. Kang, “Optimization of location of transportation terminal with super-network,” Journal of Harbin Institute of Technology, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 1344–1346, 2006.