- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 189316, 18 pages
A Signal Coordination Control Based on Traversing Empty between Mid-Block Street Crossing and Intersection
1College of Civil and Transportation Engineering, Hohai University, Nanjing 210098, China
2College of Harbour, Coastal and Offshore Engineering, Hohai University, Nanjing 210098, China
Received 29 June 2012; Revised 6 September 2012; Accepted 11 September 2012
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2012 Changjiang Zheng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Dian-Hai, Traffic Flow Theory, China Communications Press, Beijing, China, 2002.
- M. Hosoi, S. Ishijima, and A. Kojima, “Dynamical model of a pedestrian in a crowd,” in Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Workshop on Robot and Human Communication (RO-MAN), pp. 44–49, November 1996.
- W. Wang, W. Zhang, H. Guo, H. Bubb, and K. Ikeuchi, “A safety-based approaching behavioural model with various driving characteristics,” Transportation Research Part C, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1202–1214, 2011.
- W. H. Wang, Q. Cao, K. Ikeuchi, and H. Bubb, “Reliability and safety analysis methodology for identification of drivers' erroneous actions,” International Journal of Automotive Technology, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 873–881, 2010.
- M. S. Tarawneh, “Evaluation of pedestrian speed in Jordan with investigation of some contributing factors,” Journal of Safety Research, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 229–236, 2001.
- Y. Pei-Kun and Z. Shu-Sheng, Traffic Managment and Control, China Communications Press, Beijing, China, 2003.
- Criterion of Urban Transportation Planning (CJJ37-90), China Construction Industry Press, Beijing, China, 1991.
- D. Sun, S. V. S. K. Ukkusuri, and R. F. Benekohal, “Modeling of motorist-pedestrian interaction at uncontrolled mid-block crosswalks,” in Proceedings of the TRB Annual Meeting, 2003.
- B. Wolshon and W. C. Taylor, “Analysis of intersection delay under real-time adaptive signal control,” Transportation Research Part C, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 53–72, 1999.
- M. B. Trabia, M. S. Kaseko, and M. Ande, “A two-stage fuzzy logic controller for traffic signals,” Transportation Research Part C, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 353–367, 1999.
- Y. Huang, Y. Kang, and S. Zhao, “Traffic signal coordination control method for river-crossing road bridge under load-bearing restriction,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Transportation, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering, pp. 601–604, 2011.
- L. Canqi and Y. Peikum, “Diffusion models of traffic platoon on signal-intersection and control of coordinated signals,” Journal of Tongji University, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 635–641, 1996.
- C. Sen-Fa, C. Hong, and X. Ji-Qian, “Two level fuzzy control and simulation for urban traffic single intersection,” Journal of System Simulation, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 35–40, 1998.
- C. Yun-Tao and P. Guo-Xiong, “Urban arterial road coordinate control based on genetic algorithm,” Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 106–112, 2003.
- X. Chu, M. Guttenplan, and M. Baltes, “Why people cross where they do:the role of the street environment,” in Proceedings of the TRB Annual Meeting, 2003.
- J. Ye, X. Chen, and N. Jian, “Impact analysis of human factors on pedestrian traffic characteristics,” Fire Safety Journal, vol. 52, pp. 46–54, 2012.
- Q. Yong-shen, Urban Traffic Control, China Communications Press, Beijing, China, 1989.
- Y. Xiao-Guang, C. Bai-Lei, and P. Guo-Xiong, “Study of the way of setting pedestrian’s traffic control signal,” China Journal of Highway and Transport, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 73–80, 2001.
- W. Wei and G. Xiu-Cheng, Traffic Engineering, Southeast University Press, Nanjing, China, 2000.
- Z. Zu-Wu, Modern Traffic in City, China Communications Press, Beijing, China, 1998.