- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 218785, 8 pages
A Lyapunov Function and Global Stability for a Class of Predator-Prey Models
1Faculty of Science, Shaanxi University of Science and Technology, Xi'an 710021, China
2College of Electrical and Information Engineering, Shaanxi University of Science and Technology, Xi'an 710021, China
Received 29 November 2012; Accepted 14 December 2012
Academic Editor: Junli Liu
Copyright © 2012 Xiaoqin Wang and Huihai Ma. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Alonso, F. Bartumeus, and J. Catalan, “Mutual interference between predators can give rise to Turing spatial patterns,” Ecology, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 28–34, 2002.
- P. Abrams and L. Ginzburg, “The nature of predation: prey dependent, ratio dependent or neither?” Trends in Ecology and Evolution, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 337–341, 2000.
- S. B. Hsu, “On global stability of a predator-prey system,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 39, no. 1-2, pp. 1–10, 1978.
- V. S. Ivlev, Experimental Ecology of the Feeding of Fishes, Yale University Press, 1961.
- R. E. Kooij and A. Zegeling, “A predator-prey model with Ivlev's functional response,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 198, no. 2, pp. 473–489, 1996.
- J. Sugie, “Two-parameter bifurcation in a predator-prey system of Ivlev type,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 217, no. 2, pp. 349–371, 1998.
- J. Feng and S. Chen, “Global asymptotic behavior for the competing predators of the Ivlev types,” Mathematica Applicata, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 85–88, 2000.
- H. B. Xiao, “Global analysis of Ivlev's type predator-prey dynamic systems,” Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 461–470, 2007.
- J. B. Collings, “Bifurcation and stability analysis of a temperature-dependent mitepredator-prey interaction model incorporating a prey refuge,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 63–76, 1995.
- M. L. Rosenzweig, “Paradox of enrichment: destabilization of exploitation ecosystems in ecological time,” Science, vol. 171, no. 3969, pp. 385–387, 1971.
- C. S. Holling, “The functional response of predators to prey density and its role in mimicry and population regulation,” Memoirs of the Entomological Society of Canada, vol. 97, S45, pp. 5–60, 1965.
- S. Ruan and D. Xiao, “Global analysis in a predator-prey system with nonmonotonic functional response,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 1445–1472, 2000/01.
- W. Wang, L. Zhang, H. Wang, and Z. Li, “Pattern formation of a predator-prey system with Ivlev-type functional response,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 221, no. 2, pp. 131–140, 2010.
- D. R. Merkin, F. F. Afagh, and A. L. Smirnov, Introduction to the Theory of Stability, vol. 24 of Texts in Applied Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1997.