- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 262193, 12 pages
A Novel Behavior-Based Virus Detection Method for Smart Mobile Terminals
1School of Computer Science and Technology, Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Chongqing 400065, China
2Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Nicholls State University, Thibodaux, LA 70310, USA
Received 1 July 2012; Revised 2 August 2012; Accepted 4 August 2012
Academic Editor: Xiaofan Yang
Copyright © 2012 Yanbing Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Cheng, S. H. Y. Wong, H. Yang, and S. Lu, “SmartSiren: Virus detection and alert for smartphones,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications and Services (MobiSys '07), pp. 258–271, ACM, June 2007.
- R. T. Llamas, W. Stofega, S. D. Drake, and S. K. Crook, “Worldwide smartphone 2011–2015 forecast and analysis,” Tech. Rep., International Data Corporation, 2011.
- D. H. Shih, B. Lin, H. S. Chiang, and M. H. Shih, “Security aspects of mobile phone virus: a critical survey,” Industrial Management and Data Systems, vol. 108, no. 4, pp. 478–494, 2008.
- B. Konings, J. Nickels, and F. Schaub, “Catching AuthTokens in the Wild The Security of Google's Client Login Protocol,” http://www.uni-ulm.de/en/in/mi/staff/koenings/catching-authtokens.html.
- Z. Chang-Xing, “Prevention and analysis on development of mobile phone virus,” Information Tecnology, vol. 2, pp. 123–124, 2010.
- “Celeste Biever, Boston, Phone viruses: how bad is it?” http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7080.
- J. A. Morales, P. J. Clarke, Y. Deng, and B. M. Golam Kibria, “Testing and evaluating virus detectors for handheld devices,” Journal in Computer Virology, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 135–147, 2006.
- A. D. Schmidt, R. Bye, H. G. Schmidt et al., “Static analysis of executables for collaborative malware detection on android,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '09), pp. 1–5, June 2009.
- A.-D. Schmidt, A. Camtepe, and S. Albayrak, “Static smartphone malware detection,” in Proceedings of the 5th Security Research Conference, p. 146, 2010.
- A. D. Schmidt, J. H. Clausen, A. Camtepe, and S. Albayrak, “Detecting symbian OS malware through static function call analysis,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Malicious and Unwanted Software (MALWARE '09), pp. 15–22, October 2009.
- M. Egele, T. Scholte, E. Kirda, and C. Kruegel, “A survey on automated dynamic malware analysis techniques and tools,” ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 44, 2012.
- A.-D. Schmidt, H.-G. Schmidt, J. Clausen, et al., “Enhancing security of linux-based android devices,” in Proceedings of the 15th International Linux Kongress, October 2008.
- W. Enck, P. Gilbert, B.-G. Chun, and N. A. Sheth, “Taintdroid: an information-flow tracking system for realtime privacy monitoring on smartphones,” in Proceedings of the 9th USENIX Cconference on Operating Systems Design and Implementation, ACM, October 2010.
- T. K. Buennemeyer, T. M. Nelson, L. M. Clagett, J. P. Dunning, R. C. Marchany, and J. G. Tront, “Mobile device profiling and intrusion detection using smart batteries,” in Proceedings of the 41st Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS '08), pp. 296–305, January 2008.
- A. Shabtai, U. Kanonov, Y. Elovici, C. Glezer, and Y. Weiss, “"Andromaly": a behavioral malware detection framework for android devices,” Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, vol. 38, pp. 161–190, 2012.
- “PConline, The first quarter of 2011 global Android mobile phone safety reports,” http://pcedu.pconline.com.cn/android/1104/2388612_2.html.
- C. A. Hidalgo, “Conditions for the emergence of scaling in the inter-event time of uncorrelated and seasonal systems,” Physica A, vol. 369, no. 2, pp. 877–883, 2006.
- W. Li-Na, X. We, and L. Zhu, “Research and implementation of an anomaly intrusion detection system model based on similarity cluster analysis,” Minimicro Systems, vol. 25, pp. 1333–1336, 2004.
- S. Hong-Guang and W. Yu-wei, “An improved k-means algorithm for document clustering,” Journal of Shandong University, vol. 43, pp. 1–5, 2008.
- M. N. Do and M. Vetterli, “Wavelet-based texture retrieval using generalized Gaussian density and Kullback-Leibler distance,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 146–158, 2002.
- I. Lopez and N. Sarigul-Klijn, “Distance similarity matrix using ensemble of dimensional data reduction techniques: vibration and aerocoustic case studies,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 2287–2300, 2009.