- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 329507, 16 pages
Successive-Stage Speed Limit on Exit Ramp Upstream of Direct-Type Freeway in China
1School of Transportation, Southeast University, Nanjing 210096, China
2School of Naval Architecture, Ocean and Civil Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
Received 18 May 2012; Revised 2 August 2012; Accepted 3 August 2012
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2012 Hongwei Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Firestine, H. McGee, and P. Toeg, “Improving truck safety at interchanges: final report to the Federal Highway Administration,” FHWA IP-89-024, U.S. Department of Transportation, Washington, DC, USA, 1989.
- C. N. Kloeden, A. J. McLean, and G. Glonek, “Reanalysis of travelling speed and the risk of crash involvement in Adelaide South Australia,” Report CR207, Australian Transport Safety Bureau, Canberra, Australia.
- M. Peden, R. Scurfield, D. Sleet, et al., World Report on Road Traffic Injury Prevention, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 2004.
- G. Milliken, “Managing speed: review of current practice for setting and enforcing speed limits,” Transportation Research Board, pp. 36–70, 1998.
- W. C. Taylor, Speed Zoning Guidelines: A Proposed Recommended Practice, Institute of Transportation Engineers, Washington, DC, USA, 1990.
- G. Milliken, “Managing speed: review of current practice for setting and enforcing speed limits,” Special Report 254 [R], Transportation Research Board, Washington, DC, USA, 1998.
- K. R. Agent, J. G. Pigman, and J. M. Weber, “Evaluation of speed limits in Kentucky,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1640, pp. 57–64, 1998.
- A. A. M. Aljanahi, A. H. Rhodes, and A. V. Metcalfe, “Speed, speed limits and road traffic accidents under free flow conditions,” Accident Analysis and Prevention, vol. 31, no. 1-2, pp. 161–168, 1999.
- J. Park, Modeling of setting speed limits on urban and suburban roadways [Ph.D. thesis], University of South Florida, 2003.
- NCHRP, “Safety impacts and other implications of raised speed limits on high speed roads,” Contractors Final Report, 2006.
- DDS, 2011 Driver’s Manual, The Department of Driver Services, 2011, http://www.dds.ga.gov/docs/forms/fulldriversmanual.pdf.
- A. Edgar and M. Tziotis, “Computerizing Road Safety,” in Australia Road Research Board, pp. 46–51, 1999.
- D. R. Solomon, Accidents on Main Rural Highways Related To Speed, Driver and Vehicle, US Department of Commerce, Federal Bureau of Highways, Washington, DC, USA, 1964.
- W. H. Wang, W. Zhang, H. W. Guo, et al., “A sfety-based behavioural approaching model with various driving characteristics,” Transportation Research Part C-Emerging Technologies, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1202–1214, 2011.
- J. McLean, “Driver speed behavior and rural road alignment design,” Traffic Engineering & Control Magazine, pp. 208–211, 1981.
- CHELBI Engineering Consultants. INC., Guidelines for Safety Project on Highway (JTG/T B05-2004), Communications Press, 2004.
- R. H. Rong, Research on Traffic Characteristic of Interchange Diverging Area [D], Southeast University, 2006.
- National Research Council Washington, D.C. Highway Capacity Manual 2000, Transportation Research Board, 2000.
- C. Henry Jr. and Thode, Testing For Normality, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- K. Fitzpatrick, “Evaluation of design consistency methods for two-lane rural highways,” Publication FHWA-RD-99-174. FHWA, U.S. Department of Transportation, 1999.
- B. Anders and C. Arne, The VTI Traffic Simulation Model, Swedish Road and Traffic Research Institute, 1986.
- Transportation Research Board, Traffic Engineering Manual, Department of Transportation, 2000.
- Speed Zoning Information, “Institute of transportation engineers[DB/OL],” 2004, http://www.ite.org/standards/speed_zoning.pdf.
- Lyneka, “Texas may raise speed limit to 85 MPH,” http://abcnews.go.com/Business/texas-moves-raise-speed-limit-85-mph/story?id=13319173.