- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 350360, 16 pages
Handling Stability of Tractor Semitrailer Based on Handling Diagram
1College of Computer Science and Technology, Jilin University, No. 2699 Qianjin Street, Changchun 130012, China
2Traffic College, Jilin University, No. 5988 Renmin Street, Changchun 130022, China
Received 9 May 2012; Revised 9 July 2012; Accepted 18 July 2012
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2012 Ren Yuan-yuan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. G. Xu, T. Peng, and H. F. Liu, “Feedback linearization for steering stability control of tractor-semitrailer,” Journal of Jilin University, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 272–278, 2012.
- Z. W. Guan, X. J. Wang, and M. F. Zheng, “Analysis of steering stability of tractor-semitrailer combination vehicle,” Automobile Technology, no. 6, pp. 41–45, 2011.
- S. Chang, H. G. Xu, and H. F. Liu, “Simulation on steering stability of 4WS tractor semi-trailer,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Measuring Technology and Mechatronics Automation (ICMTMA '09), pp. 355–358, April 2009.
- W. H. Wang, W. Zhang, H. W. Guo, H. Bubb, and K. Ikeuchi, “A safety-based approaching behavioural model with various driving characteristics,” Transportation Research Part C, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1202–1214, 2011.
- W. H. Wang, “A digital-driving system for smart vehicles,” IEEE Intelligent Systems, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 81–83, 2002.
- W. H. Wang, M. Yan, J. Jin et al., “Driver's various information process and multi-ruled decision-making mechanism: a fundamental of intelligent driving shaping model,” International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 297–305, 2011.
- K. Hussain, W. Stein, and A. J. Day, “Modelling commercial vehicle handling and rolling stability,” Journal of Multi-Body Dynamics, vol. 219, no. 4, pp. 357–369, 2005.
- E. Dahlberg and N.G. Vagstedt, “Advantages of a simple approach modeling heavy vehicle handling,” SAE Special Publications, vol. 1308, pp. 113–120, 1997.
- W. Chen, Z. Zhang, and C. Zhou, “Simulation for the handling and stability of four-wheel steering vehicle based on Matlab/simulink,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Transportation Engineering (ICTE '09), pp. 1908–1913, July 2009.
- Q.F. Zhao, T. He, and W. J. Xu, “The research of vehicle handling stability based on ADAMS,” Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 127, pp. 248–251, 2012.
- K. Mathijs, Longitudinal force distribution and road vehicle handling [Ph.D. thesis], Department of Applied Mechanics, Chialmers University of Technology, 2010.
- N. Vincent, Vehicle handling, stability, and bifurcation analysis for nonlinear vehicle models [M.S. thesis], Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland, 2005.
- L. Liu, Nonlinear analysis and control strategy evaluation on the stability of vehicle 3-DOF planar motion [Ph.D. thesis], College of Traffic, Jilin University, 2010.
- H. B. Pacejka, “Simplified analysis of steady-state turning behaviour of motor vehicles—part 1. Handling diagrams of simple systems,” Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 161–172, 1973.
- H. B. Pacejka, “Simplified analysis of steady-state turning behaviour of motor vehicles—part 2: stability of the steady-state turn,” Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 173–183, 1973.
- H. B. Pacejka, “Simplified analysis of steady-state turning behaviour of motor vehicles—part 3: more elaborate systems,” Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 185–204, 1973.
- A. F. Daniel and S. Adam, “Passenger vehicle steady-state directional stability analysis utilizing EDVSM and SIMON,” in Proceedings of the WP HVE Forum, San Francisco, Calif, USA, May 2004.
- S. Lukowski, M. Momot, D. Kraemer, and D. Kunz, “Basic linear theory of handling and stability of automobiles,” Journal of Automobile Engineering, vol. 223, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2009.
- C. B. Winkler, “Simplified analysis of the steady-state turning of complex vehicles,” Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 141–180, 1998.
- E. C. Yeh and Y. L. Chen, “Handling analysis of a motorcycle with added cambering of the front frame,” Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 49–70, 1990.
- M. J. Hillegass, J. G. Faller, M. S. Bounds, M. El-Gindy, and A. S. Joshi, “Validating the directional performance of multi-wheeled combat vehicle computer simulation models,” in Proceedings of the ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE '04), pp. 781–789, November 2004.
- F. Frendo, G. Greco, and M. Guiggiani, “Critical review of handling diagram and understeer gradient for vehicles with locked differential,” Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 431–447, 2006.
- F. Frendo, G. Greco, M. Guiggiani, and A. Sponziello, “The handling surface: a new perspective in vehicle dynamics,” Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 1001–1016, 2007.
- F. Frendo, G. Greco, M. Guiggiani, and A. Sponziello, “Evaluation of the vehicle handling performances by a new approach,” Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 857–868, 2008.
- D. J. M. Sampson, Active roll control of articulated heavy vehicles [Ph.D. thesis], Churchill College, University of Cambridge, 2000.