- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 357697, 14 pages
Existence of Unbounded Solutions for a Third-Order Boundary Value Problem on Infinite Intervals
School of Sciences, China University of Geosciences, Beijing 100083, China
Received 20 June 2012; Accepted 31 July 2012
Academic Editor: Zengji Du
Copyright © 2012 Hairong Lian and Junfang Zhao. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. P. Agarwal and D. O'Regan, Infinite Interval Problems for Differential, Difference and Integral Equations, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2001.
- R. P. Agarwal and D. O'Regan, “Non-linear boundary value problems on the semi-infinite interval: an upper and lower solution approach,” Mathematika, vol. 49, no. 1-2, pp. 129–140, 2002.
- R. P. Agarwal and D. O'Regan, “Infinite interval problems modeling phenomena which arise in the theory of plasma and electrical potential theory,” Studies in Applied Mathematics, vol. 111, no. 3, pp. 339–358, 2003.
- C. Bai and C. Li, “Unbounded upper and lower solution method for third-order boundary-value problems on the half-line,” Electronic Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 2009, no. 119, pp. 1–12, 2009.
- J. V. Baxley, “Existence and uniqueness for nonlinear boundary value problems on infinite intervals,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 147, no. 1, pp. 122–133, 1990.
- S. Z. Chen and Y. Zhang, “Singular boundary value problems on a half-line,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 195, no. 2, pp. 449–468, 1995.
- P. W. Eloe, E. R. Kaufmann, and C. C. Tisdell, “Multiple solutions of a boundary value problem on an unbounded domain,” Dynamic Systems and Applications, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 53–63, 2006.
- D. Jiang and R. P. Agarwal, “A uniqueness and existence theorem for a singular third-order boundary value problem on ,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 445–451, 2002.
- H. Lian, P. Wang, and W. Ge, “Unbounded upper and lower solutions method for Sturm-Liouville boundary value problem on infinite intervals,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 70, no. 7, pp. 2627–2633, 2009.
- Y. Liu, “Boundary value problems for second order differential equations on unbounded domains in a Banach space,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 135, no. 2-3, pp. 569–583, 2003.
- R. Ma, “Existence of positive solutions for second-order boundary value problems on infinity intervals,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 33–39, 2003.
- B. Yan, D. O'Regan, and R. P. Agarwal, “Unbounded solutions for singular boundary value problems on the semi-infinite interval: upper and lower solutions and multiplicity,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 197, no. 2, pp. 365–386, 2006.
- Z. Bai, “Positive solutions of some nonlocal fourth-order boundary value problem,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 12, pp. 4191–4197, 2010.
- J. Ehme, P. W. Eloe, and J. Henderson, “Upper and lower solution methods for fully nonlinear boundary value problems,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 180, no. 1, pp. 51–64, 2002.
- M. R. Grossinho and F. M. Minhós, “Existence result for some third order separated boundary value problems,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 2407–2418, 2001.