- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 367468, 12 pages
A Study on the Coordination of Urban Traffic Control and Traffic Assignment
College of Transportation, Jilin University, Changchun 130025, China
Received 20 August 2012; Accepted 15 October 2012
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2012 ZhaoWei Qu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Qi, Research on the Modelling of Network Traffic Flow Considering Signal Control, Jilin University, Jilin, China, 2011.
- S. Hu, Study on the Equilibrium Theory between Traffic Supply and Traffic Demand, Changan University, Shanxi, China, 2004.
- R. E. Allsop, “Some possibilities for using traffic control to influence trip distribution and route choice,” in Transportation and Traffic Theory, pp. 345–373, Elsevier, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- N. H. Gartner, “Area traffic control and network equilibrium,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Traffic Equilibrium Methods, pp. 274–297, Berlin, Germany, 1976.
- H. N. Tan, S. B. Gershwin, and M. Athans, “Hybrid optimization in urban traffic networks,” LIDS Technical Report, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1979.
- M. J. Smith, “The existence, uniqueness and stability of traffic equilibria,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 295–304, 1979.
- M. J. Smith, “A local traffic control policy which automatically maximises the overall travel capacity of an urban road network,” Traffic Engineering and Control, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 298–302, 1980.
- N. H. Gartner, S. B. Gershwin, J. D. C. Little, and P. Ross, “Pilot study of computer-based urban traffic management,” Transportation Research B, vol. 14, no. 1-2, pp. 203–217, 1980.
- C. S. Fisk, “Game theory and transportation systems modelling,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 18, no. 4-5, pp. 301–313, 1984.
- H. Yang and S. Yagar, “Traffic assignment and signal control in saturated road networks,” Transportation Research A, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 125–139, 1995.
- N. H. Gartner and C. Stamatiadis, “Framework for the integration of dynamic traffic assignment with real-time control,” in Proceedings of the 3rd Annual World Congress on Intelligent Transportation Systems, pp. 125–137, Orlando, Fla, USA, 1996.
- N. H. Gartner and M. Al-Malik, “Combined model for signal control and route choice in urban traffic networks,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 1554, pp. 27–35, 1996.
- C. Lee and R. B. Machemehl, “Genetic algorithm, local and iterative searches for combining traffic assignment and signal control,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Traffic and Transportation Studies (ICTTS '98), pp. 27–29, Beijing, China, July 1998.
- O. J. Chen and M. E. Ben-Akiva, “Game-theoretic formulations of interaction between dynamic traffic control and dynamic traffic assignment,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1617, pp. 179–188, 1998.
- S. W. Chiou, “TRANSYT derivatives for area traffic control optimisation with network equilibrium flows,” Transportation Research B, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 263–290, 2003.
- E. Cipriani and G. Fusco, “Combined signal setting design and traffic assignment problem,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 155, no. 3, pp. 569–583, 2004.
- E. Cascetta, M. Gallo, and B. Montella, “Models and algorithms for the optimization of signal settings on urban networks with stochastic assignment models,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 144, pp. 301–328, 2006.
- H. Gao, T. Chen, and J. Lam, “A new delay system approach to network-based control,” Automatica, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 39–52, 2008.
- S.-W. Chiou, “Optimization of a nonlinear area traffic control system with elastic demand,” Automatica, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 1626–1635, 2010.
- Y. Bie, D. Wang, X. Song, and Y. Xing, “Conditional bus signal priority strategies considering saturation degree restriction at isolated junction,” Journal of Southwest Jiaotong University, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 657–663, 2011.
- L. Binglin and K. Aiwu, “Nonequilibrium study on the supply and demand of urban road networks,” Shanxi Science and Technology, pp. 58–60, 2008.