- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 390128, 14 pages
Research on Public Transit Network Hierarchy Based on Residential Transit Trip Distance
School of Traffic and Transportation, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing 100044, China
Received 9 May 2012; Revised 9 July 2012; Accepted 26 July 2012
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2012 Gao Jian et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Carrese and S. Gori, “An Urban bus network design procedure,” Applied Optimization, vol. 64, pp. 177–196, 2002.
- S. A. Bagloee and A. Ceder, “Transit-network design methodology for actual-size road networks,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 45, pp. 1787–1804, 2011.
- C. D. van Goeverden and R. van Nes, “Hierarchy in public transport networks: the case of Amsterdam,” in Proceedings of the 11th World Conference on Transport Research, 2007.
- R. Van Nes, “Multilevel network optimization for public transport networks,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 1799, pp. 50–57, 2002.
- R. Van Nes, “Multiuser-class urban transit network design,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 1835, pp. 25–33, 2003.
- F. J. M. Salzborn, “Scheduling bus systems with interchanges,” Transportation Science, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 211–231, 1980.
- P. Knoppers and T. Muller, “Optimized transfer opportunities in public transport,” Transportation Science, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 101–105, 1995.
- L. jian and H. Gang, “Level planning method of bus-route network and its application,” Urban Transport of China, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 34–37, 2004.
- W. Wei, Y. Xinmiao, and C. Xuewu, Urban Trnasit Planning Method and Management Techonology, Science press, Beijing, China, 2002.
- L. Fangqiang, The Application of Coupling Models between Inhabitant Trip Distribution and Public Transport Network, Southeast University, Nanjing, China, 2010.
- G. K. Kuah and J. Perl, “The feeder-bus network-design problem,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 751–767, 1989.
- P. Shrivastava and M. O'Mahony, “A model for development of optimized feeder routes and coordinated schedules-A genetic algorithms approach,” Transport Policy, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 413–425, 2006.
- E. Guillot, “Bus transit interface with light rail transit in Western Canada,” Transportation Research Part A, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 231–241, 1984.
- T. J. Higgins, “Coordinating buses and rapid rail in the San Francisco Bay Area: the case of Bay Area rapid transit,” Transportation, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 357–371, 1981.
- S. I. Chien, L. N. Spasovic, S. S. Elefsiniotis, and R. S. Chhonkar, “Evaluation of feeder bus systems with probabilistic time-varying demands and nonadditive time costs,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1760, pp. 47–55, 2001.
- A. S. Mohaymany and A. Gholami, “Multimodal feeder network design problem: ant colony optimization approach,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 136, no. 4, pp. 323–331, 2010.
- A. Verma and S. L. Dhingra, “Feeder bus routes generation within integrated mass transit planning framework,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 131, no. 11, pp. 822–834, 2005.
- A. Verma and S. L. Dhingra, “Developing integrated schedules for urban rail and feeder bus operation,” Journal of Urban Planning and Development, vol. 132, no. 3, pp. 138–146, 2006.
- P. Shrivastav and S. L. Dhingra, “Development of feeder routes for Suburban railway stations using heuristic approach,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 127, no. 4, pp. 334–341, 2001.
- W. Wang, W. Zhang, H. Guo, H. Bubb, and K. Ikeuchi, “A safety-based behavioural approaching model with various driving characteristics,” Transportation Research Part C-Emerging Technologies, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1202–1214, 2011.
- S. Fei, Research on Grade Proportion and Layout Method of Urban Road, Southeast University, Nanjing, China, 2006.
- Z. Zhuping, Road Network Gradation Optimization Model According To Traffic Demand, Southeast University, Nanjing, China, 2009.