- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 396387, 15 pages
A Cloud-Computing-Based Data Placement Strategy in High-Speed Railway
1State Key Laboratory of Rail Traffic Control and Safety, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing 100044, China
2School of Traffic and Transportation, Beijing JiaoTong University, Beijing 100044, China
Received 28 August 2012; Revised 31 October 2012; Accepted 21 November 2012
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2012 Hanning Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Q. Zhang, L. Cheng, and R. Boutaba, “Cloud computing: state-of-the-art and research challenges,” Journal of Internet Services and Applications, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 7–18, 2010.
- C. Miceli, M. Miceli, S. Jha, H. Kaiser, and A. Merzky, “Programming abstractions for data intensive computing on clouds and grids,” in Proceedings of the 9th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGRID'09), pp. 478–483, Shanghai, China, May 2009.
- K. Liua and L. J. Dong, “Research on cloud data storage technology and its architecture implementation,” Procedia Engineering, vol. 29, pp. 133–137, 2012.
- J. Ma, “Managing metadata for digital projects,” Library Collections, Acquisition and Technical Services, vol. 30, no. 1-2, pp. 3–17, 2006.
- W. Wang, W. Zhang, H. Guo, H. Bubb, and K. Ikeuchi, “A safety-based approaching behavioural model with various driving characteristics,” Transportation Research C, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1202–1214, 2011.
- W. Wang, Vehicle’s Man-Machine Interaction Safety and Driver ASSiStance, China Communications Press, Beijing, China, 2012.
- V. T. Tran, G. Antoniu, B. Nicolae, L. Bougé, and O. Tatebe, “Towards a grid file system based on a large-scale BLOB management service,” in Grids, P2P and Services Computing, pp. 7–19, 2010.
- L. Amsaleg, M. J. Franklin, A. Tomasic, and T. Urhan, “Improving responsiveness for wide-area data access,” Data Engineering, vol. 20, pp. 3–11, 1997.
- A. Deshpande and Z. Ives, “Adaptive query processing,” Foundations and Trends in Databases, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1–140, 2007.
- S. Ghemawat, H. Gobioff, and S. T. Leung, “The google file system,” in Proceedings of the 19th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP'03), pp. 29–43, ACM, New York, NY, USA, October 2003.
- Apache Hadoop, http://hadoop.apache.org/.
- “Hadoop distributed file system,” http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.18.0/hdfs_design.pdf.
- Amazon Elastic MapReduce, http://aws.amazon.com/elasticmapreduce/.
- J. Tao, M. Kunze, A. C. Castellanos, L. Wang, D. Kramer, and W. Karl, “Scientific cloud computing: early definition and experience,” in Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC'08), pp. 825–830, Dalian, China, September 2008.
- Y. Zhai, M. Liu, J. Zhai, and X. Ma, “Cloud versus in-house cluster: evaluating Amazon cluster compute instances for running MPI applications,” in Proceedings of the SC'11 State of the Practice Reports, 2011.
- C. H. C. Evangelinos, “Cloud computing for parallel scientific HPC applications: feasibility of running coupled atmosphere-ocean climate models on Amazon's EC2,” in Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on Cloud Computing and Its Applications (CCA'08), October 2008.
- P. H. Carns, I. W. Ligon, R. Ross, and R. Thakur, “PVFS: a parallel file system for linux clusters,” in Proceedings of the 4th Annual Linux Showcase and Conference, Atlanta, Ga, USA, 2000.
- “Cloud computing with parallel storage,” http://www.panasas.com/blog/cloud-computing-with-parallel-storage.
- D. Yuan, Y. Yang, X. Liu, and J. Chen, “A data placement strategy in scientific cloud workflows,” Future Generation Computer Systems, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 1200–1214, 2010.
- N. Maheshwari, R. Nanduri, and V. Varma, “Dynamic energy efficient data placement and cluster reconfiguration algorithm for MapReduce framework,” Future Generation Computer Systems, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 119–127, 2012.
- J. Dean and S. Ghemawat, “MapReduce: simplified data processing on large clusters,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 107–113, 2008.
- R. Chaiken, B. Jenkins, P. A. Larson, and B. Ramsey, “SCOPE: easy and efficient parallel processing of massive data sets,” in Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment VLDB Endowment Hompage Archive, vol. 1-2, pp. 1265–1276, 2008.
- D. Karger, E. Lehman, T. Leighton, and R. Panigrahy, “Consistent hashing and random trees: distributed caching protocols for relieving hot spots on the World Wide Web,” in Proceedings of the 29th annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (STOC'97), pp. 654–663, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- J. Dhok, N. Maheshwari, and V. Varma, “Learning based opportunistic admission control algorithm for MapReduce as a service,” in Proceedings of the 3rd India Software Engineering Conference (ISEC'10), pp. 153–160, ACM, Mysore, India, February 2010.
- R. Buyya, C. S. Yeo, S. Venugopal, J. Broberg, and I. Brandic, “Cloud computing and emerging IT platforms: vision, hype, and reality for delivering computing as the 5th utility,” Future Generation Computer Systems, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 599–616, 2009.
- K. H. Kim, R. Buyya, and J. Kim, “Power aware scheduling of bag-of-tasks applications with deadline constraints on DVS-enabled clusters,” in Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGrid'07), pp. 541–548, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, May 2007.