- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 409478, 20 pages
An Adaptive Bacterial Foraging Optimization Algorithm with Lifecycle and Social Learning
1Department of Information Service & Intelligent Control, Shenyang Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenyang 110016, China
2Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100039, China
3College of Management, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen 518060, China
Received 2 April 2012; Revised 9 September 2012; Accepted 10 September 2012
Academic Editor: Elmetwally Elabbasy
Copyright © 2012 Xiaohui Yan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Dorigo and L. M. Gambardella, “Ant colony system: a cooperative learning approach to the traveling salesman problem,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 53–66, 1997.
- J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, vol. 4, pp. 1942–1948, December 1995.
- D. Karaboga, “An idea based on honey bee swarm for numerical optimization,” Technical Report TR06, Erciyes University, Engineering Faculty, Computer Engineering Department, 2005.
- K. M. Passino, “Biomimicry of bacterial foraging for distributed optimization and control,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 52–67, 2002.
- S. Dasgupta, S. Das, A. Abraham, and A. Biswas, “Adaptive computational chemotaxis in bacterial foraging optimization: An analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 919–941, 2009.
- S. Das, S. Dasgupta, A. Biswas, A. Abraham, and A. Konar, “On stability of the chemotactic dynamics in bacterial-foraging optimization algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part A, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 670–679, 2009.
- H. Chen, Y. Zhu, and K. Hu, “Cooperative bacterial foraging optimization,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2009, Article ID 815247, 17 pages, 2009.
- D. H. Kim, A. Abraham, and J. H. Cho, “A hybrid genetic algorithm and bacterial foraging approach for global optimization,” Information Sciences, vol. 177, no. 18, pp. 3918–3937, 2007.
- Y. Liu and K. M. Passino, “Biomimicry of social foraging bacteria for distributed optimization: models, principles, and emergent behaviors,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 115, no. 3, pp. 603–628, 2002.
- C. Wu, N. Zhang, J. Jiang, J. Yang, and Y. Liang, “Improved bacterial foraging algorithms and their applications to job shop scheduling problems,” Adaptive and Natural Computing Algorithms, vol. 4431, no. 1, pp. 562–569, 2007.
- S. Dasgupta, S. Das, A. Biswas, and A. Abraham, “Automatic circle detection on digital images with an adaptive bacterial foraging algorithm,” Soft Computing, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 1151–1164, 2010.
- R. Majhi, G. Panda, B. Majhi, and G. Sahoo, “Efficient prediction of stock market indices using adaptive bacterial foraging optimization (ABFO) and BFO based techniques,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 10097–10104, 2009.
- D. J. DeRosier, “The turn of the screw: the bacterial flagellar motor,” Cell, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 17–20, 1998.
- H. C. Berg and D. A. Brown, “Chemotaxis in Escherichia coli analysed by three-dimensional tracking,” Nature, vol. 239, no. 5374, pp. 500–504, 1972.
- W. M. Korani, H. T. Dorrah, and H. M. Emara, “Bacterial foraging oriented by particle swarm optimization strategy for PID tuning,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation (CIRA '09), pp. 445–450, Daejeon, Korea, December 2009.
- A. Biswas, S. Das, A. Abraham, and S. Dasgupta, “Stability analysis of the reproduction operator in bacterial foraging optimization,” Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 411, no. 21, pp. 2127–2139, 2010.
- H. Shen, Y. Zhu, L. Jin, and H. Guo, “Lifecycle-based Swarm Optimization method for constrained optimization,” Journal of Computers, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 913–922, 2011.
- B. Niu, Y. L. Zhu, X. X. He, H. Shen, and Q. H. Wu, “A lifecycle model for simulating bacterial evolution,” Neurocomputing, vol. 72, no. 1–3, pp. 142–148, 2008.
- R. C. Eberhart, Y. Shi, and J. Kennedy, Swarm Intelligence, Morgan Kaufmann, 2001.
- R. Eberhart and J. Kennedy, “New optimizer using particle swarm theory,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Micro Machine and Human Science, pp. 39–43, Nagoya, Japan, October 1995.
- D. Karaboga and B. Akay, “A comparative study of artificial Bee colony algorithm,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 214, no. 1, pp. 108–132, 2009.
- Y. Shi and R. Eberhart, “Modified particle swarm optimizer,” in Proceedings of the 1998 IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation (ICEC '98), pp. 69–73, Piscataway, NJ, USA, May 1998.
- H. Chen, Y. Zhu, and K. Hu, “Self-adaptation in bacterial foraging optimization algorithm,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Intelligent System and Knowledge Engineering (ISKE '08), pp. 1026–1031, Xiamen, China, November 2008.
- B. Zhou, L. Gao, and Y.-H. Dai, “Gradient methods with adaptive step-sizes,” Computational Optimization and Applications, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 69–86, 2006.
- J. H. Holland, Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems, University of Michigan Press, 1975.
- J. Derrac, S. García, D. Molina, and F. Herrera, “A practical tutorial on the use of nonparametric statistical tests as a methodology for comparing evolutionary and swarm intelligence algorithms,” Swarm and Evolutionary Computation, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 3–18, 2011.
- S. García, A. Fernández, J. Luengo, and F. Herrera, “A study of statistical techniques and performance measures for genetics-based machine learning: accuracy and interpretability,” Soft Computing, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 959–977, 2009.
- D. Karaboga and B. Basturk, “A powerful and efficient algorithm for numerical function optimization: artificial bee colony (ABC) algorithm,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 459–471, 2007.
- W. Zou, Y. Zhu, H. Chen, and X. Sui, “A clustering approach using cooperative artificial bee colony algorithm,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2010, Article ID 459796, 16 pages, 2010.
- X. Yan, Y. Zhu, and W. Zou, “A hybrid artificial bee colony algorithm for numerical function optimization,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems (HIS '11), pp. 127–132, 2011.
- J. J. Liang, A. K. Qin, P. N. Suganthan, and S. Baskar, “Comprehensive learning particle swarm optimizer for global optimization of multimodal functions,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 281–295, 2006.
- X. Yan, Y. Zhu, W. Zou, and L. Wang, “A new approach for data clustering using hybrid artificial bee colony algorithm,” Neurocomputing, vol. 97, pp. 241–250, 2012.
- Y. Shi and R. C. Eberhart, “Empirical study of particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC '99), vol. 3, pp. 1945–1950, Piscataway, NJ, USA, 1999.