- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 453193, 20 pages
How to Implement Return Policies in a Two-Echelon Supply Chain?
1School of Mathematical Sciences and LPMC, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
2School of Management, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430074, China
Received 3 September 2012; Accepted 5 November 2012
Academic Editor: Xiang Li
Copyright © 2012 Wei Hu and Jianbin Li. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Sciarrotta, “How PHILIPS reduced returns,” Supply Chain Management Review, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 32–38, 2003.
- C. Lawton, “The war on returns,” Wall Street Journal, D1, 2008.
- I. Bose and P. Anand, “On returns policies with exogenous price,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 178, no. 3, pp. 782–788, 2007.
- C. H. Lee and B. D. Rhee, “Channel coordination using product returns for a supply chain with stochastic salvage capacity,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 177, no. 1, pp. 214–238, 2007.
- K. Chen and T. Xiao, “Demand disruption and coordination of the supply chain with a dominant retailer,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 197, no. 1, pp. 225–234, 2009.
- B. A. Pasternack, “Optimal pricing and returns policies for perishable commodities,” Marketing Science, vol. 4, pp. 166–176, 1985.
- V. Padmanabhan and I. P. L. Png, “Manufacturer's returns policies and retail competition,” Marketing Science, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 81–94, 1997.
- H. Emmons and S. M. Gilbert, “Note. The role of returns policies in pricing and inventory decisions for catalogue goods,” Management Science, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 276–283, 1998.
- J. Chen and P. C. Bell, “Coordinating a decentralized supply chain with customer returns and price-dependent stochastic demand using a buyback policy,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 212, no. 2, pp. 293–300, 2011.
- W. Chu, E. Gerstner, and J. D. Hess, “Managing dissatisfaction: how to decrease customer opportunism by partial refunds,” Journal of Service Research, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 140–155, 1998.
- S. Davis, M. Hagerty, and E. Gerstner, “Return policies and the optimal level of ‘Hassle’,” Journal of Economics and Business, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 445–460, 1998.
- B. Yalabik, N. C. Petruzzi, and D. Chhajed, “An integrated product returns model with logistics and marketing coordination,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 161, no. 1, pp. 162–182, 2005.
- H. P. Marvel and J. Peck, “Demand uncertainty and returns policies,” International Economic Review, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 691–714, 1995.
- T. Xiao, K. Shi, and D. Yang, “Coordination of a supply chain with consumer return under demand uncertainty,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 124, no. 1, pp. 171–180, 2010.
- J. Chen and P. C. Bell, “The impact of customer returns on pricing and order decisions,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 195, no. 1, pp. 280–295, 2009.
- J. Chen and P. Bell, “The impact of customer returns on decisions in a newsvendor problem with and without buyback policies,” International Transactions in Operational Research, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 473–491, 2011.
- X. Su, “Consumer returns policies and supply chain performance,” Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 595–612, 2009.
- Y. Jin, D. Zilberman, and A. Heiman, “The welfare economics of a money-back guarantee in retailing,” Working Paper, Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University, 2005.
- J. D. Dana Jr. and K. E. Spier, “Revenue sharing and vertical control in the video rental market,” The Journal of Industrial Economics, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 223–245, 2001.
- J. Xie and S. M. Shugan, “Electronic tickets, smart cards, and online prepayments: when and how to advance sell,” Marketing Science, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 219–243, 2001.
- A. Alexandrov and M. A. Lariviere, “Are reservations recommended?” Working Paper, North- Western University, Evanston, III, USA, 2007.
- T. M. Choi, D. Li, and H. Yan, “Optimal returns policy for supply chain with e-marketplace,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 88, no. 2, pp. 205–227, 2004.
- J. Mostard and R. Teunter, “The newsboy problem with resalable returns: a single period model and case study,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 169, no. 1, pp. 81–96, 2006.
- Y. K. Che, “Customer return policies for experience goods,” Journal of Industrial Economics, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 17–24, 1996.
- K. Zimmer, “Supply chain coordination with uncertain just-in-time delivery,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 1–15, 2002.
- J. He, K. S. Chin, J. B. Yang, and D. L. Zhu, “Return policy model of supply chain management for single-period products,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 129, no. 2, pp. 293–308, 2006.
- V. M. Virolainen, “A survey of procurement strategy development in industrial companies,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 56-57, pp. 677–688, 1998.