- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 591490, 12 pages
A Novel Short-Range Prediction Model for Railway Track Irregularity
MOE Key Laboratory for Urban Transportation Complex Systems Theory, Beijing Jiaotong University, No. 3 Shang Yuan Cun, Haidian District, Beijing 100044, China
Received 27 August 2012; Revised 12 November 2012; Accepted 15 November 2012
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2012 Peng Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. W. Guo, W. H. Wang, W. W. Guo, X. B. Jiang, and B. Heiner, “Reliability analysis of pedestrian safety crossing in urban traffic environment,” Safety Science, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 968–973, 2012.
- W. H. Wang, Vehicle's Man-Machine Interaction Safety and Driver Assistance, Communications Press, Beijing, China, 2012.
- Federal Railroad Administration Office of Safety Analysis-Train Accidents, http://safetydata.fra.dot.gov/OfficeofSafety/publicsite/Query/inctally1.aspx.
- S. Yoshihiko, New Railway Track Dynamics, China Railway Press, Beijing, China, 2001.
- C. Esveld, Modern Railway Track, Delft University of Technology Publishing Services, Delft, The Netherlands, 2nd edition, 2001.
- J. M. Sadeghi and H. Askarinejad, “Development of track condition assessment model based on visual inspection,” Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 895–905, 2011.
- L. M. Quiroga and E. Schnieder, “A heuristic approach to railway track maintenance scheduling,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Computer System Design and Operation in the Railways and other Transit Systems (COMPRAIL '10), pp. 687–699, WIT Press, Beijing, China, September 2010.
- CEN, prEN13848-1:2003 Railway Applications-Track-Track Geometry Quality-Part 1: Characterization of Track Geometry, CEN, Brussels, Belgium, 2004.
- P. Xu, Mileage error correction model for track geometry data from track geometry car & track irregularity prediction model [dissertation], Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing, China, 2012.
- X. M. Chen, L. Wang, F. C. Yang, X. S. Chai, and W. Q. Wu, “Integrating factor method for predicting the developing trend of railway track irregularity,” China Railway Science, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 27–31, 2006 (Chinese).
- J. J. Fan, Modern Railway Track, China Railway Press, Beijing, China, 2nd edition, 2004.
- P. Veit and S. Marschnig, “Sustainability in track—a precondition for high speed traffic,” in Proceedings of ASME Joint Rail Conference (JRC' 10), pp. 349–355, Urbana, Ill, USA, April 2010.
- Rail Accident Investigation Branch, Reports and bulletins, http://www.raib.gov.uk/publications/investigation_reports.cfm.
- A. Kawaguchi, M. Miwa, and K. Terada, “Actual data analysis of alignment irregularity growth and its prediction model,” Quarterly Report of RTRI, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 262–268, 2005.
- R. M. Alfelor, G. A. Carr, and M. Fateh, “Track degradation assessment using gage restraint measurements,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1742, pp. 68–77, 2001.
- C. Meier-Hirmer, G. Riboulet, F. Sourget, and M. Roussignol, “Maintenance optimization for a system with a gamma deterioration process and intervention delay: application to track maintenance,” Journal of Risk and Reliability, vol. 223, no. 3, pp. 189–198, 2009.
- P. Xu, R. K. Liu, F. T. Wang, Q. X. Sun, and H. L. Teng, “A novel description method for track irregularity evolution,” International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 1358–1366, 2012.
- P. Xu, Q. X. Sun, R. K. Liu, and F. T. Wang, “A short-range prediction model for track quality index,” Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, vol. 225, no. 3, pp. 277–285, 2011.
- R. Liu, P. Xu, and F. Wang, “Research on a short-range prediction model for track irregularity over small track lengths,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 136, no. 12, pp. 1085–1091, 2010.
- E. T. Selig, G. M. Cardillo, E. Stephens, and A. Smith, “Analyzing and forecasting railway data using linear data analysis,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Computer System Design and Operation in Railways and other Transit Systems, Toledo, Spain, September 2008.
- D. K. O’Brien, Optimal estimation and rail tracking analysis [dissertation], University of Massachusetts Lowell, Lowell, Mass, USA, 2005.
- P. Xu, Q. X. Sun, R. K. Liu, and F. T. Wang, “Key equipment identification model for correcting milepost errors of track geometry data from track inspection car,” Transportation Research C. In press.