- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 672762, 16 pages
Global Attractors in for Nonclassical Diffusion Equations
College of Mathematics and Information Science, Northwest Normal University, Gansu, Lanzhou 730070, China
Received 14 May 2012; Accepted 22 October 2012
Academic Editor: Chuanxi Qian
Copyright © 2012 Qiao-zhen Ma et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. C. Aifantis, “On the problem of diffusion in solids,” Acta Mechanica, vol. 37, no. 3-4, pp. 265–296, 1980.
- K. Kuttler and E. C. Aifantis, “Existence and uniqueness in nonclassical diffusion,” Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 549–560, 1987.
- K. Kuttler and E. Aifantis, “Quasilinear evolution equations in nonclassical diffusion,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 110–120, 1988.
- J. L. Lions and E. Magenes, Non-homogeneous Boundary Value Problems and Applications, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1972.
- E. C. Aifantis, “Gradient nanomechanics: applications to deformation, fracture, and diffusion in nanopolycrystals,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 2985–2998, 2011.
- V. K. Kalantarov, “Attractors for some nonlinear problems of mathematical physics,” Zapiski Nauchnykh Seminarov Leningradskogo Otdeleniya Matematicheskogo Instituta imeni V. A. Steklova Akademii Nauk SSSR (LOMI), vol. 152, pp. 50–54, 1986.
- Y.-l. Xiao, “Attractors for a nonclassical diffusion equation,” Acta Mathematicae Applicatae Sinica, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 273–276, 2002.
- C. Y. Sun, S. Y. Wang, and C. K. Zhong, “Global attractors for a nonclassical diffusion equation,” Acta Mathematica Sinica, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 1271–1280, 2007.
- Q.-Z. Ma and C.-K. Zhong, “Global attractors of strong solutions to nonclassical diffusion equations,” Journal of Lanzhou University, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 7–9, 2004.
- S. Y. Wang, D. S. Li, and C. K. Zhong, “On the dynamics of a class of nonclassical parabolic equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 317, no. 2, pp. 565–582, 2006.
- R. Temam, Infinite-Dimensional Dynamical Systems in Mechanics and Physics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- C. Y. Sun and M. H Yang, “Dynamics of the nonclassical diffusion equations,” Asymptotic Analysis, vol. 59, no. 1-2, pp. 51–81, 2008.
- Y.-F. Liu and Q. Ma, “Exponential attractors for a nonclassical diffusion equation,” Electronic Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 2009, pp. 1–7, 2009.
- B. Y. Wang, “Attractors for reaction-diffusion equations in unbounded domains,” Physica D, vol. 128, no. 1, pp. 41–52, 1999.
- J. M. Ball, “Global attractors for damped semilinear wave equations,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems A, vol. 10, no. 1-2, pp. 31–52, 2004.
- C.-Y. Sun and C.-K. Zhong, “Attractors for the semilinear reaction-diffusion equation with distribution derivatives in unbounded domains,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 49–65, 2005.
- Y. Zhang, C. Zhong, and S. Wang, “Attractors in for a class of reaction-diffusion equations,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 71, no. 5-6, pp. 1901–1908, 2009.
- Q. F Ma, S. H. Wang, and C. K. Zhong, “Necessary and sufficient conditions for the existence of global attractors for semigroups and applications,” Indiana University Mathematics Journal, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1541–1559, 2002.
- V. Pata and M. Squassina, “On the strongly damped wave equation,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 253, no. 3, pp. 511–533, 2005.
- J. C. Robinson, Infinite-Dimensional Dynamical Systems: An Introduction to Disspative Parabolic PDEs and the Theory of Global attractors, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2001.