- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 676871, 12 pages
The Optimal Control and MLE of Parameters of a Stochastic Single-Species System
Department of Mathematics, Hubei University for Nationalities, Hubei, Enshi 445000, China
Received 5 May 2012; Revised 4 September 2012; Accepted 20 September 2012
Academic Editor: Garyfalos Papaschinopoulos
Copyright © 2012 Huili Xiang and Zhijun Liu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. K. Miller, “On Volterra's population equation,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 14, pp. 446–452, 1966.
- G. Seifert, “On a delay-differential equation for single specie population variations,” Nonlinear Analysis A, vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 1051–1059, 1987.
- Z. Liu, Y. Chen, Z. He, and J. Wu, “Permanence in a periodic delay logistic system subject to constant impulsive stocking,” Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 985–993, 2010.
- X. Liu and L. Chen, “Global behaviors of a generalized periodic impulsive logistic system with nonlinear density dependence,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 329–340, 2005.
- P. Howitt, “Steady endogenous gowth with population and R and D inputs gowth,” Journal of Political Economy, vol. 107, no. 4, pp. 715–730, 1999.
- X. Mao, G. Marion, and E. Renshaw, “Environmental Brownian noise suppresses explosions in population dynamics,” Stochastic Processes and their Applications, vol. 97, no. 1, pp. 95–110, 2002.
- X. Mao, S. Sabanis, and E. Renshaw, “Asymptotic behaviour of the stochastic Lotka-Volterra model,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 287, no. 1, pp. 141–156, 2003.
- D.-Q. Jiang and B.-X. Zhang, “Existence, uniqueness, and global attractivity of positive solutions and MLE of the parameters to the logistic equation with random perturbation,” Science in China A, vol. 50, no. 7, pp. 977–986, 2007.
- S. Y. Li , “The optimal threshold and moment for preventing the random walking insect population,” Or Transactions, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 91–96, 2003.
- B. Lian and S. Hu, “Asymptotic behaviour of the stochastic Gilpin-Ayala competition models,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 339, no. 1, pp. 419–428, 2008.
- L. M. Ricciardi, Stochastic Population Theory: Birth and Death Processes, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1986.
- Y. Li and H. Gao, “Existence, uniqueness and global asymptotic stability of positive solutions of a predator-prey system with Holling II functional response with random perturbation,” Nonlinear Analysis A, vol. 68, no. 6, pp. 1694–1705, 2008.