- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 698057, 28 pages
Bacterial Colony Optimization
1College of Management, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen 518060, China
2Hefei Institute of Intelligent Machines, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Hefei 230031, China
Received 27 May 2012; Accepted 24 August 2012
Academic Editor: Binggen Zhang
Copyright © 2012 Ben Niu and Hong Wang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Q. Tan, Q. He, W. Zhao, Z. Shi, and E. S. Lee, “An improved FCMBP fuzzy clustering method based on evolutionary programming,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 1129–1144, 2011.
- J. A. Vasconcelos, J. A. Ramírez, R. H. C. Takahashi, and R. R. Saldanha, “Improvements in genetic algorithms,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 3414–3417, 2001.
- R. Akbari and K. Ziarati, “A multilevel evolutionary algorithm for optimizing numerical functions,” International Journal of Industrial Engineering Computations, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 419–430, 2011.
- J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948, December 1995.
- J. Kennedy and R. C. Eberhart, Swarm Intelligence, Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 2001.
- M. Dorigo, M. Birattari, and T. Stützle, “Ant colony optimization artificial ants as a computational intelligence technique,” IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 28–39, 2006.
- M. Dorigo and C. Blum, “Ant colony optimization theory: a survey,” Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 344, no. 2-3, pp. 243–278, 2005.
- X. L. Li, Z. J. Shao, and J. X. Qian, “Optimizing method based on autonomous animats: fish-swarm Algorithm,” System Engineering Theory and Practice, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 32–38, 2002.
- D. Karaboga and B. Akay, “A comparative study of artificial Bee colony algorithm,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 214, no. 1, pp. 108–132, 2009.
- D. Karaboga and B. Akay, “A survey: algorithms simulating bee swarm intelligence,” Artificial Intelligence Review, vol. 31, no. 1–4, pp. 61–85, 2009.
- K. M. Passino, “Biomimicry of bacterial foraging for distributed optimization and control,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 52–67, 2002.
- S. D. Müller, J. Marchetto, S. Airaghi, and P. Koumoutsakos, “Optimization based on bacterial chemotaxis,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 16–29, 2002.
- S. Das, S. Dasgupta, A. Biswas, A. Abraham, and A. Konar, “On stability of the chemotactic dynamics in bacterial-foraging optimization algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part A, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 670–679, 2009.
- M. S. Li, T. Y. Ji, W. J. Tang, Q. H. Wu, and J. R. Saunders, “Bacterial foraging algorithm with varying population,” BioSystems, vol. 100, no. 3, pp. 185–197, 2010.
- S. Dasgupta, A. Biswas, A. Abraham, and S. Das, “Adaptive computational chemotaxis in bacterial foraging algorithm,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Complex, Intelligent and Software Intensive Systems (CISIS '08), pp. 64–71, March 2008.
- Y. Chu, H. Mi, H. Liao, Z. Ji, and Q. H. Wu, “A Fast Bacterial Swarming Algorithm for high-dimensional function optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC '08), pp. 3135–3140, June 2008.
- D. H. Kim, “Hybrid GA-BF based intelligent PID controller tuning for AVR system,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 11–22, 2011.
- H. N. Chen, Y. L. Zhu, and K. Y. Hu, “Adaptive bacterial foraging algorithm,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2011, Article ID 108269, 27 pages, 2011.
- B. Niu, Y. Fan, H. Wang, L. Li, and X. Wang, “Novel bacterial foraging optimization with time-varying chemotaxis step,” International Journal of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 257–273, 2011.
- B. Niu, H. Wang, L. J. Tan, and L. Li, “Improved BFO with adaptive chemotaxis step for global optimization,” in Proceedings of International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Security (CIS '11), pp. 76–80, 2011.
- X. Yao, Y. Liu, and G. Lin, “Evolutionary programming made faster,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 82–102, 1999.
- R. Salomon, “Re-evaluating genetic algorithm performance under coordinate rotation of benchmark functions. A survey of some theoretical and practical aspects of genetic algorithms,” BioSystems, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 263–278, 1996.
- D. E. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley Professional, Boston, Mass, USA, 1989.