- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 720474, 9 pages
Estimation of Saturation Flow Rates at Signalized Intersections
Key Lab of Transportation Engineering, Beijing University of Technology, Beijing 100124, China
Received 26 August 2012; Revised 11 October 2012; Accepted 27 October 2012
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2012 Chang-qiao Shao and Xiao-ming Liu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Transportation Research Board, Highway Capacity Manual 2000, National Research Council, Washington, DC, USA, 2000.
- H. Li and P. D. Prevedouros, “Detailed observations of saturation headways and start-up lost times,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1802, pp. 44–53, 2002.
- J. J. Lu and J. C. Pernía, “The difference of driving behavior among different driver age groups at signalized intersections,” IATSS Research, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 75–84, 2000.
- W. T. Hung, F. Tian, and H. Y. Tong, “Discharge headway at signalized intersections in Hong Kong,” Journal of Advanced Transportation, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 105–117, 2003.
- M. Mei and A. G. R. Bullen, “Lognormal distribution for high traffic flows,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1398, pp. 125–128, 1993.
- W. Wang, W. Zhang, H. Guo, H. Bubb, and K. Ikeuchi, “A safety-based behavioural approaching model with various driving characteristics,” Transportation Research Part C, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1202–1214, 2011.
- F. B. Lin and D. R. Thomas, “Headway compression during queue discharge at signalized intersections,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1920, pp. 81–85, 2005.
- X. Jin, Y. Zhang, F. Wang et al., “Departure headways at signalized intersections: a log-normal distribution model approach,” Transportation Research Part C, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 318–327, 2009.
- R. Akçelik, “An investigation of the performance of roundabout with metering signals,” Paper for Presentation at the National Roundabout Conference, Transportation Research Board, Kansas City, Kan, USA, 2008.
- J. Joseph and G. L. Chang, “Saturation flow rates and maximum critical lane volumes for planning applications in Maryland,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 131, no. 12, pp. 946–952, 2005.
- G. Long, “Driver behavior model of saturation flow,” Transportation Research Record, no. 2027, pp. 65–72, 2007.
- M. Rahman, S. A. Nur-ud-deen, and T. Hassan, “Comparison of saturation flow rate at signalized intersections in Yokohama and Dhaka,” Proceedings of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, vol. 5, pp. 959–966, 2005.
- C. Q. Shao, J. Rong, and X. M. Liu, “Study on the saturation flow rate and its influence factors at signalized intersections in China,” Procedia—Social and Behavioral Sciences, pp. 504–514, 2011.
- A. Sharma, L. Vanajakshi, and N. Rao, “Effect of phase countdown timers on queue discharge characteristics under heterogeneous traffic conditions,” Transportation Research Record, no. 2130, pp. 93–100, 2009.
- R. Akçelik and M. Besley, “Queue discharge flow and speed models for signalized intersections,” in Proceedings of the 15th International Symposium on Transportation and Traffic Theory, pp. 99–118, Pergamon, Elsevier Science, Oxford, UK, 2002.
- F. J. Wall, Statistical Data Analysis HandBook, Mcgraw-Hill, 1986.
- J. A. Rice, Mathematical Statistics and Data Analysis, Brooks/Cole, 2007.