- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 812969, 17 pages
Traffic Behavior in CA Model of Vehicular Traffic through a Series of Signals
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Shizuoka University, Hamamatsu 432-8561, Japan
Received 11 September 2012; Accepted 14 November 2012
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2012 Kazuhiro Tobita and Takashi Nagatani. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Nagatani, “The physics of traffic jams,” Reports on Progress in Physics, vol. 65, no. 9, article 1331, 2002.
- D. Helbing, “Traffic and related self-driven many-particle systems,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 73, no. 4, pp. 1067–1141, 2001.
- D. Chowdhury, L. Santen, and A. Schadscheider, “Statistical physics of vehicular traffic and some related systems,” Physics Reports, vol. 329, no. 4–6, pp. 199–329, 2000.
- B. S. Kerner, The Physics of Traffic, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 2004.
- A. Kirchner and A. Schadschneider, “Simulation of evacuation processes using a bionics-inspired cellular automaton model for pedestrian dynamics,” Physica A, vol. 312, no. 1-2, pp. 260–276, 2002.
- W. Wang, W. Zhang, H. Guo, H. Bubb, and K. Ikeuchi, “A safety-based approaching behavioural model with various driving characteristics,” Transportation Research C, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1202–1214, 2011.
- G. H. Peng, X. H. Cai, C. Q. Liu, and B. F. Cao, “A new lattice model of traffic flow with the consideration of the driverʼs forecast effects,” Physics Letters A, vol. 375, no. 22, pp. 2153–2157, 2011.
- T. Nagatani, “Chaotic jam and phase transition in traffic flow with passing,” Physical Review E, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 1535–1541, 1999.
- L. A. Safonov, E. Tomer, V. V. Strygin, Y. Ashkenazy, and S. Havlin, “Multifractal chaotic attractors in a system of delay-differential equations modeling road traffic,” Chaos, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 1006–1014, 2002.
- E. Brockfeld, R. Barlovic, A. Schadschneider, and M. Schreckenberg, “Optimizing traffic lights in a cellular automaton model for city traffic,” Physical Review E, vol. 64, no. 5, Article ID 056132, 12 pages, 2001.
- D. W. Huang and W. N. Huang, “Traffic signal synchronization,” Physical Review E, vol. 67, no. 5, Article ID 056124, 7 pages, 2003.
- M. Sasaki and T. Nagatani, “Transition and saturation of traffic flow controlled by traffic lights,” Physica A, vol. 325, no. 3-4, pp. 531–546, 2003.
- S. Lammer and D. Helbing, “Self-control of traffic lights and vehicle flows in urban road networks,” Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment, vol. 2008, Article ID P04019, 2008.
- B. A. Toledo, V. Munoz, J. Rogan, and C. Tenreiro, “Modeling traffic through a sequence of traffic lights,” Physical Review E, vol. 70, no. 1, Article ID 016107, 6 pages, 2004.
- B. A. Toledo, E. Cerda, J. Rogan et al., “Universal and nonuniversal features in a model of city traffic,” Physical Review E, vol. 75, no. 2, Article ID 026108, 10 pages, 2007.
- T. Nagatani, “Self-similar behavior of a single vehicle through periodic traffic lights,” Physica A, vol. 347, pp. 673–682, 2005.
- T. Nagatani, “Control of vehicular traffic through a sequence of traffic lights positioned with disordered interval,” Physica A, vol. 368, no. 2, pp. 560–566, 2006.
- T. Nagatani, “Clustering and maximal flow in vehicular traffic through a sequence of traffic lights,” Physica A, vol. 377, no. 2, pp. 651–660, 2007.
- T. Nagatani, “Effect of irregularity on vehicular traffic through a sequence of traffic lights,” Physica A, vol. 387, no. 7, pp. 1637–1647, 2008.
- T. Nagatani, “Traffic states and fundamental diagram in cellular automaton model of vehicular traffic controlled by signals,” Physica A, vol. 388, no. 8, pp. 1673–1681, 2009.
- C. Chen, J. Chen, and X. Guo, “Influences of overtaking on two-lane traffic with signals,” Physica A, vol. 389, no. 1, pp. 141–148, 2010.
- M. Fukui and Y. Ishibashi, “Traffic flow in 1D cellular automaton model including cars moving with high speed,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 65, pp. 1868–1870, 1996.