- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 907639, 13 pages
Offset Optimization Based on Queue Length Constraint for Saturated Arterial Intersections
1Transportation College, Jilin University, Changchun 130022, China
2Civil Engineering and Architecture College, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Received 17 August 2012; Revised 27 November 2012; Accepted 4 December 2012
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2012 Xianmin Song et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. H. Gartner, J. D. C. Little, and H. Gabbay, “Optimization of traffic signal settings by mixed integer linear programming,” Transportation Science, vol. 9, pp. 321–343, 1975.
- N. H. Gartner, S. F. Assman, F. Lasaga, and D. L. Hou, “A multi-band approach to arterial traffic signal optimization,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 55–74, 1991.
- C. K. Wong and S. C. Wong, “A lane-based optimization method for minimizing delay at isolated signal-controlled junctions,” Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Algorithms, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 379–406, 2003.
- J. Chang, B. Bertoli, and W. Xin, “New signal control optimization policy for oversaturated arterial systems,” in Proceedings of the Transportation Research Board 89th Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, USA, 2010.
- A. L. Ghassan and F. B. Rahim, “Genetic algorithms for traffic signal control and queue management of oversaturated two-way arterials,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1727, pp. 61–67, 2000.
- D. C. Gazis and R. Herman, “The moving and phantom bottleneck,” Transportation Science, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 223–229, 1992.
- G. F. Newell, “A moving bottleneck,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 531–537, 1998.
- Z. K. Khatib and G. A. Judd, “Control strategy for oversaturated signalized intersections,” in Proceedings of the Transportation Resesrch Board 80th Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, USA, 2001.
- A. L. Ghassan and F. B. Rahim, “Development of traffic control and queue management procedures for oversaturated arterials,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1603, pp. 119–127, 1997.
- Y. T. Wu and C. H. Ho, “The development of Taiwan arterial traffic-adaptive signal control system and its field test: a Taiwan experience,” Journal of Advanced Transportation, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 455–480, 2009.
- A. Sharma, D. M. Bullock, and J. A. Bonneson, “Input-output and hybrid techniques for real-time prediction of delay and maximum queue length at signalized intersections,” Transportation Research Record, no. 2035, pp. 69–80, 2007.
- J. Walmsley, “The practical implementation of SCOOT traffic control systems,” Traffic Engineering & Control, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 196–199, 1982.
- T. H. Chang and J. T. Lin, “Optimal signal timing for an oversaturated intersection,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 471–491, 2000.
- E. B. Lieberman, J. Chang, and E. S. Prassas, “Formulation of real-time control policy for oversaturated arterials,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1727, pp. 77–78, 2000.
- W. H. Wang, Vehicle's Man-Machine Interaction Safety and Driver Assistance, China Communications Press, Beijing, China, 2012.
- H. W. Guo, W. H. Wang, W. W. Guo, X. B. Jiang, and H. Bubb, “Reliability analysis of pedestrian safety crossing in urban traffic environment,” Safety Science, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 968–973, 2012.
- D. H. Wang, Y. M. Bie, X. M. Song, and H. S. Qi, “Maximum cycle length optimization method of signalized intersection,” Journal of Jilin University, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 148–151, 2010.
- R. P. Roess and W. R. McShane, Traffic Engineering, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 2nd edition, 1990.
- D. H. Wang, Traffic Flow Theory, China Communications Press, Beijing, China, 2002.