- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 910754, 15 pages
Stochastic User Equilibrium Assignment in Schedule-Based Transit Networks with Capacity Constraints
1School of Architecture and Civil Engineering, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, China
2Research Center for Modern Logistics, Graduate School at Shenzhen, Tsinghua University, Shenzhen 518055, China
3Department of Systems and Industrial Engineering, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Received 9 June 2012; Revised 23 August 2012; Accepted 26 August 2012
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2012 Wangtu Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Babazadeh and H. Z. Aashtiani, “Algorithm for equilibrium transit assignment problem,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1923, pp. 227–235, 2005.
- R. B. Dial, “Transit pathfinder algorithms,” Highway Research Record, vol. 205, pp. 67–85, 1967.
- R. B. Dial, “A probabilistic multipath traffic assignment model which obviates path enumeration,” Transportation Research, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 83–111, 1971.
- K. Fearnside and D. P. Draper, “Public transport assignment. A new approach,” Traffic Engineering and Control, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 298–299, 1971.
- C. Chriqui and P. Robillard, “Common bus lines,” Transportation Science, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 115–121, 1975.
- CH. J. De Cea, J. Enrique, and L. Fernandez, “Transit assignment to minimal routes: An efficient new algorithm,” Traffic Engineering and Control, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 491–494, 1989.
- H. Spiess, Contribution à la théorie et aux outils de planification des réseaux de transport urbains [Ph.D. thesis], Département ďInformatique et Récherche Opérationnelle, Montreal, Canada, 1984.
- H. Spiess and M. Florian, “Optimal strategies: a new assignment model for transit networks,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 83–102, 1989.
- J. H. Wu, M. Florian, and P. Marcotte, “Transit equilibrium assignment: a model and solution algorithms,” Transportation Science, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 193–203, 1994.
- M. Gendreau, Etude approfondie ďun modèle ďéquilibre pour ľaffectation de passagers dans les réseaux de transports en commun [Ph.D. thesis], Département ďInformatique et Récherche Opérationnelle, Montreal, Canada, 1984.
- W. H. K. Lam, Z. Y. Gao, K. S. Chan, and H. Yang, “A stochastic user equilibrium assignment model for congested transit networks,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 351–368, 1999.
- R. Cominetti and J. Correa, “Common-lines and passenger assignment in congested transit networks,” Transportation Science, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 250–267, 2001.
- F. Kurauchi, M. G. H. Bell, and J.-D. Schmöcker, “Capacity constrained transit assignment with common lines,” Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Algorithms, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 309–327, 2003.
- S. Nguyen, S. Pallottino, and M. Gendreau, “Implicit enumeration of hyperpaths in a logit model for transit networks,” Transportation Science, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 54–64, 1998.
- J. D. Schmöcker, Dynamic capacity constrained transit assignment [Ph.D. thesis], Centre for Transport Studies, Department for Civil and Environmental Engineering, Imperial College London, London, UK, 2006.
- M. Florian, “Deterministic time table transit assignment,” in Paper of EMME/2 Users Group Meeting, Shanghai, China, 1999.
- C. O. Tong and S. C. Wong, “A stochastic transit assignment model using a dynamic schedule-based network,” Transportation Research, Part B, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 107–121, 1998.
- C. O. Tong and S. C. Wong, “Schedule-based time-dependent trip assignment model for transit networks,” Journal of Advanced Transportation, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 371–388, 1999.
- M. Friedrich and S. Wekeck, “A schedule-based transit assignment model addressing the passengers' choice among competing connections,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Schedule-Based Approach in Dynamic Transit Modeling: Theory and Applications, pp. 159–173, Ischia, Italy, 2002.
- M. Friedrich, “Multi-day dynamic transit assignment,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Schedule-Base Dynamic Transit modeling (SBDTM '05), Ischia, Italy, 2005.
- O. A. Nielsen, “A stochastic transit assignment model considering differences in passengers utility functions,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 377–402, 2000.
- O. A. Nielsen and R. D. Frederiksen, “Optimisation of timetable-based, stochastic transit assignment models based on MSA,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 144, pp. 263–285, 2006.
- A. Nuzzolo, “Schedule-based transit assignment models,” in Advanced Modeling for Transit Operations and Service, H. K. William Lam and G. H. Michael Bell, Eds., Pergamon, 2003.
- A. Nuzzolo and U. Crisalli, “The Schedule-Based approach in dynamic transit modelling: a general overview,” in Schedule-Based Dynamic Transit Modeling, Theory and Applications, N. H. M. Wilson and A. Nuzzolo, Eds., Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2004.
- W. Xu, S. He, R. Song, and S. S. Chaudhry, “Finding the shortest paths in a schedule-based transit network,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 1812–1826, 2012.
- J. de Cea and E. Fernandez, “Transit assignment for congested public transport systems: an equilibrium model,” Transportation Science, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 133–147, 1993.
- Y. Sheffi, Urban Transportation Networks: Equilibrium Analysis with Mathematical Programming Methods, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1985.
- M. Chen and A. S. Alfa, “Algorithms for solving fisk's stochastic traffic assignment model,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 405–412, 1991.
- M. G. H. Bell, W. H. K. Lam, G. Ploss, and D. Inandi, “Stochastic user equilibrium assignment and iterative balancing,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Symposium on Transportation and Traffic Theory, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 1993.
- M. G. H. Bell, “Stochastic user equilibrium assignment in networks with queues,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 125–137, 1995.