- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 104173, 6 pages
Fractional Sums and Differences with Binomial Coefficients
1Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Art and Sciencs, Çankaya University, Balgat, 06530 Ankara, Turkey
2Institute of Space Sciences, P.O. BOX MG-23, 76900 Magurele-Bucharest, Romania
3Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 80204, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
4Department of Mathematics, Texas A & M University, 700 University Boulevard, Kingsville, TX, USA
Received 31 March 2013; Accepted 3 May 2013
Academic Editor: Shurong Sun
Copyright © 2013 Thabet Abdeljawad et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. G. Samko, A. A. Kilbas, and O. I. Marichev, Marichev, Fractional Integrals and Derivatives: Theory and Applications, Gordon and Breach, Yverdon, Switzerland, 1993.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198, Academic Press., San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Application of Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 204 of North-Holland Mathematics Studies, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, The Netherland, 2006.
- B. J. West, M. Bologna, and P. Grigolini, Physics of Fractal Operators, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- R. L. Magin, Fractional Calculus in Bioengineering, Begell House, West Redding, Conn, USA, 2006.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus Models and Numerical Methods, vol. 3 of Series on Complexity, Nonlinearity and Chaos, World Scientific, Hackensack, NJ, USA, 2012.
- M. D. Ortigueira, “Fractional central differences and derivatives,” Journal of Vibration and Control, vol. 14, no. 9-10, pp. 1255–1266, 2008.
- P. Lino and G. Maione, “Tuning PI(ν) fractional order controllers for position control of DC-servomotors,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE '10), pp. 359–363, July 2010.
- J. A. T. Machado, C. M. Pinto, and A. M. Lopes, “Power law and entropy analysis of catastrophic phenomena,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 562320, 10 pages, 2013.
- C. F. Lorenzo, T. T. Hartley, and R. Malti, “Application of the principal fractional metatrigonometric functions for the solution of linear commensurate-order time-invariant fractional differential equations,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, vol. 371, no. 1990, Article ID 20120151, 2013.
- H. L. Gray and N. F. Zhang, “On a new definition of the fractional difference,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 50, no. 182, pp. 513–529, 1988.
- K. S. Miller and B. Ross, “Fractional difference calculus,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Univalent Functions, Fractional Calculus and Their Applications, pp. 139–152, Nihon University, Koriyama, Japan, 1989.
- F. M. Atıcı and P. W. Eloe, “A transform method in discrete fractional calculus,” International Journal of Difference Equations, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 165–176, 2007.
- F. M. Atıcı and P. W. Eloe, “Initial value problems in discrete fractional calculus,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 137, no. 3, pp. 981–989, 2009.
- F. M. Atıcı and P. W. Eloe, “Discrete fractional calculus with the nabla operator,” Electronic Journal of Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations, no. 3, pp. 1–12, 2009.
- F. M. Atıcı and S. Şengül, “Modeling with fractional difference equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 369, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2010.
- F. M. Atıcı and P. W. Eloe, “Gronwall's inequality on discrete fractional calculus,” Computerand Mathematics with Applications, vol. 64, no. 10, pp. 3193–3200, 2012.
- T. Abdeljawad, “On Riemann and Caputo fractional differences,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 1602–1611, 2011.
- T. Abdeljawad and D. Baleanu, “Fractional differences and integration by parts,” Journal of Computational Analysis and Applications, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 574–582, 2011.
- M. Holm, The theory of discrete fractional calculus development and application [dissertation], University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Neb, USA, 2011.
- G. A. Anastassiou, “Principles of delta fractional calculus on time scales and inequalities,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 52, no. 3-4, pp. 556–566, 2010.
- G. A. Anastassiou, “Nabla discrete fractional calculus and nabla inequalities,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 51, no. 5-6, pp. 562–571, 2010.
- G. A. Anastassiou, “Foundations of nabla fractional calculus on time scales and inequalities,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 12, pp. 3750–3762, 2010.
- N. R. O. Bastos, R. A. C. Ferreira, and D. F. M. Torres, “Discrete-time fractional variational problems,” Signal Processing, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 513–524, 2011.
- M. Bohner and A. Peterson, Advances in Dynamic Equations on Time Scales, Birkhäuser, Boston, Mass, USA, 2003.
- G. Boros and V. Moll, Iresistible Integrals, Symbols, Analysis and Expreiments in the Evaluation of Integrals, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2004.
- R. L. Graham, D. E. Knuth, and O. Patashnik, Concrete Mathematics: A Foundation for Copmuter Science, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 1994.
- J. Spanier and K. B. Oldham, “The pochhammer polynomials (x)n,” in An Atlas of Functions, pp. 149–156, Hemisphere, Washington, DC, USA, 1987.
- T. Abdeljawad, “Dual identities in fractional difference calculus within Riemann,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2013, article 36, 2013.
- T. Abdeljawad and F. M. Atıcı, “On the definitions of nabla fractional operators,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 406757, 13 pages, 2012.
- K. Ahrendt, L. Castle, M. Holm, and K. Yochman, “Laplace transforms for the nabla-difference operator and a fractional variation of parameters formula,” Communications in Applied Analysis. In press.