- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 136074, 9 pages
Inventory Decisions in a Product-Updated System with Component Substitution and Product Substitution
1School of Information Engineering, Tianjin University of Commerce, Tianjin 300134, China
2School of Computer and Communication Engineering, Tianjin University of Technology, Tianjin 300191, China
Received 30 December 2012; Accepted 1 February 2013
Academic Editor: Xiaochen Sun
Copyright © 2013 Yancong Zhou and Junqing Sun. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. R. McGillivray and E. A. Silver, “Some concepts for inventory control under substitutable demand,” INFOR, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 47–63, 1978.
- B. Pasternack and Z. Drezner, “Optimal inventory policies for substitutable commodities with stochastic demand,” Naval Research Logistics, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 221–240, 1991.
- Y. Bassok, R. Anupindi, and R. Akella, “Single-period multiproduct inventory models with substitution,” Operations Research, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 632–642, 1999.
- A. Hsu and Y. Bassok, “Random yield and random demand in a production system with downward substitution,” Operations Research, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 277–290, 1999.
- H. Gurnani and Z. Drezner, “Deterministic hierarchical substitution inventory models,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 129–133, 2000.
- V. N. Hsu, C. Li, and W. Xiao, “Dynamic lot size problems with one-way product substitution,” IIE Transactions, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 201–215, 2005.
- P. Dutta and D. Chakraborty, “Incorporating one-way substitution policy into the newsboy problem with imprecise customer demand,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 200, no. 1, pp. 99–110, 2010.
- S. Mahajan and G. van Ryzin, “Inventory competition under dynamic consumer choice,” Operations Research, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 646–657, 2001.
- K. Rajaram and C. S. Tang, “The impact of product substitution on retail merchandising,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 135, no. 3, pp. 582–601, 2001.
- S. Netessine and N. Rudi, “Centralized and competitive inventory models with demand substitution,” Operations Research, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 329–335, 2003.
- M. Nagarajan and S. Rajagopalan, “Inventory models for substitutable products: Optimal policies and heuristics,” Management Science, vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 1453–1466, 2008.
- W. W. Hale, Assemble-to-order system with component substitution [Ph.D. dissertation], University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn, USA, 2003.
- F. Hillier and J. Lieberman, Introduction to Operations Research, Holden-Day, Oakland, Calif, USA, 4th edition, 1986.