- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 147164, 9 pages
Synchronization of Discontinuous Neural Networks with Delays via Adaptive Control
1Department of Mathematics, Chongqing Normal University, Chongqing 401331, China
2Department of Mathematics, Southeast University, Nanjing 210096, China
3Department of Mathematics, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
Received 29 September 2012; Accepted 23 January 2013
Academic Editor: Sridhar Seshagiri
Copyright © 2013 Xinsong Yang and Jinde Cao. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Zhou and Y. X. Cao, “Function projective synchronization between fractional-order chaotic systems and integer-order chaotic systems,” Chinese Physics B, vol. 19, no. 10, Article ID 100507, 2010.
- L. Pan and J. Cao, “Exponential synchronization for impulsive dynamical networks,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2012, Article ID 232794, 20 pages, 2012.
- P. Zhou, R. Ding, and Y. Cao, “Multi drive-one response synchronization for fractional-order chaotic systems,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 1263–1271, 2012.
- S. Sundar and A. A. Minai, “Synchronization of randomly multiplexed chaotic systems with application to communication,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 85, no. 25, pp. 5456–5459, 2000.
- S. Bowong, F. M. Moukam Kakmeni, and H. Fotsin, “A new adaptive observer-based synchronization scheme for private communication,” Physics Letters, Section A, vol. 355, no. 3, pp. 193–201, 2006.
- X. Yang, J. Cao, and J. Lu, “Stochastic synchronization of complex networks with nonidentical nodes via hybrid adaptive and impulsive control,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 371–384, 2012.
- X. Yang, J. Cao, Y. Long, and W. Rui, “Adaptive lag synchronization for competitive neural networks with mixed delays and uncertain hybrid perturbations,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 1656–1667, 2010.
- E. M. Shahverdiev, S. Sivaprakasam, and K. A. Shore, “Lag synchronization in time-delayed systems,” Physics Letters, Section A, vol. 292, no. 6, pp. 320–324, 2002.
- T. Huang, C. Li, W. Yu, and G. Chen, “Synchronization of delayed chaotic systems with parameter mismatches by using intermittent linear state feedback,” Nonlinearity, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 569–584, 2009.
- X. Liu, T. Chen, J. Cao, and W. Lu, “Dissipativity and quasi-synchronization for neural networks with discontinuous activations and parameters,” Neural Networks, vol. 24, pp. 1013–1021, 2011.
- P. Zhou and W. Zhu, “Function projective synchronization for fractional-order chaotic systems,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 811–816, 2011.
- X. Wu, C. Xu, J. Feng, Y. Zhao, and X. Zhou, “Generalized projective synchronization between two different neural networks with mixed time delays,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2012, Article ID 153542, 19 pages, 2012.
- P. Zhou, R. Ding, and Y. Cao, “Hybrid projective synchronization for two identical fractional-order chaotic systems,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2012, Article ID 768587, 11 pages, 2012.
- N. F. Rulkov, M. M. Sushchik, L. S. Tsimring, and H. D. I. Abarbanel, “Generalized synchronization of chaos in directionally coupled chaotic systems,” Physical Review E, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 980–994, 1995.
- X. Yang, Q. Zhu, and C. Huang, “Generalized lag-synchronization of chaotic mix-delayed systems with uncertain parameters and unknown perturbations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 93–105, 2011.
- B. Xin and T. Chen, “Projective synchronization of -dimensional chaotic fractional-order systems via linear state error feedback control,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, Article ID 191063, 10 pages, 2012.
- X. Yang and J. Cao, “Adaptive pinning synchronization of complex networks with stochastic perturbations,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2010, Article ID 416182, 21 pages, 2010.
- H. Hu, “On stability of nonlinear continuous-time neural networks with delay,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 13, pp. 1135–1143, 2000.
- M. Forti and P. Nistri, “Global convergence of neural networks with discontinuous neuron activations,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 1421–1435, 2003.
- M. Forti, P. Nistri, and D. Papini, “Global exponential stability and global convergence in finite time of delayed neural networks with infinite gain,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1449–1463, 2005.
- Z. Guo and L. Huang, “LMI conditions for global robust stability of delayed neural networks with discontinuous neuron activations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 3, pp. 889–900, 2009.
- Y. Wang, Y. Zuo, L. Huang, and C. Li, “Global robust stability of delayed neural networks with discontinuous activation functions,” IET Control Theory & Applications, vol. 2, no. 7, pp. 543–553, 2008.
- Y. Zuo, Y. Wang, L. Huang, Z. Wang, X. Liu, and X. Wu, “Robust stability criterion for delayed neural networks with discontinuous activation functions,” Neural Processing Letters, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 29–44, 2009.
- X. Liu and J. Cao, “On periodic solutions of neural networks via differential inclusions,” Neural Networks, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 329–334, 2009.
- W. Lu and T. Chen, “Almost periodic dynamics of a class of delayed neural networks with discontinuous activations,” Neural Computation, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 1065–1090, 2008.
- X. Liu and J. Cao, “Synchronization control of discontinuous neural networks via approximation,” in Proceedings of the Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CDC '10), pp. 782–787, May 2010.
- B. Liu, W. Lu, and T. Chen, “New conditions on synchronization of networks of linearly coupled dynamical systems with non-Lipschitz right-hand sides,” Neural Networks, vol. 25, pp. 5–13, 2012.
- A. F. Filippov, “Differential equations with discontinuous right-hand sides,” in Mathematics and Its Applications, Soviet Series, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, Mass, USA.
- F. H. Clarke, Optimization and Nonsmooth Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- Z. Jiang and Z. Wu, Real Analysis, Higher Education Publisher, Beijing, China, 2nd edition, 2005.
- B. E. Paden and S. S. Sastry, “A calculus for computing Filippov's differential inclusion with application to the variable structure control of robot manipulators,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 73–82, 1987.
- M.-F. Danca, “Synchronization of switch dynamical systems,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos in Applied Sciences and Engineering, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 1813–1826, 2002.
- L. Huang, J. Wang, and X. Zhou, “Existence and global asymptotic stability of periodic solutions for Hopfield neural networks with discontinuous activations,” Nonlinear Analysis. Real World Applications, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 1651–1661, 2009.
- M. F. Danca, “Controlling chaos in discontinuous dynamical systems,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 605–612, 2004.