- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 148398, 17 pages
A Dynamical Innovation Diffusion Model with Fuzzy Coefficient and Its Application to Local Telephone Diffusion in China
1Uncertainty Decision-Making Laboratory, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610064, China
2Department of Management, Guangxi University of Science and Technology, Liuzhou 545006, China
Received 5 July 2012; Revised 3 December 2012; Accepted 5 December 2012
Academic Editor: Xiang Li
Copyright © 2013 Zhigao Liao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. S. Day, P. J. H. schoemaker, and R. E. Gunther, Wharton on Managing Emerging Technologies, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- A. Prasad and V. Mahajan, “How many pirates should a software firm tolerate? An analysis of piracy protection on the diffusion of software,” International Journal of Research in Marketing, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 337–353, 2003.
- F. M. Bass, “A new product growth for model consumer durables,” Management Science, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 215–227, 1969.
- B. Kang, H. Kim, C. Han, and C. Yim, “A demand-based model for forecasting innovation diffusion,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 487–499, 1996.
- C. H. Cheng, Y. S. Chen, and Y. L. Wu, “Forecasting innovation diffusion of products using trend-weighted fuzzy time-series model,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 1826–1832, 2009.
- D. B. Jun, S. K. kim, Y. S. Park, M. H. Park, and A. R. Wilson, “Forecasting telecommunication service subscribers in substitutive and competitive environments,” International Journal of Forecasting, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 561–581, 2002.
- E. Montaguti, S. Kuester, and T. S. Robertson, “Entry strategy for radical product innovations: a conceptual model and propositional inventory,” International Journal of Research in Marketing, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 21–42, 2002.
- L. A. Fourt and J. W. Woodlock, “Early prediction of market success for new grocery products,” Journal of Marketing, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 31–38, 1960.
- H. Gruber, “Competition and innovation. The diffusion of mobile telecommunications in Central and Eastern Europe,” Information Economics and Policy, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 19–34, 2001.
- J. T. C. Teng, V. Grover, and W. Güttler, “Information technology innovations: general diffusion patterns and its relationships to innovation characteristics,” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 13–27, 2002.
- S. Kalish, “A new product adoption model with price, advertising, and uncertainty,” Management Science, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 1569–1585, 1985.
- E. Mansfield, “Technical change and the rate of imitation,” Econometrica, vol. 29, pp. 741–766, 1961.
- V. Mahajan and A. Peterson, “Innovation diffusion in a dynamic potential adopter population,” Management Science, vol. 24, no. 15, pp. 1589–1597, 1978.
- V. Mahajan, E. Mller, and F. Bass, “New product diffusion models in marketing: a review and directions for research,” Journal of Marketing, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 1–26, 1990.
- M. Möhle, “The coalescent in population models with time-inhomogeneous environment,” Stochastic Processes and their Applications, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 199–227, 2002.
- P. R. Steffens, “A model of multiple-unit ownership as a diffusion process,” Technological Forecasting and Social Change, vol. 70, no. 9, pp. 901–917, 2003.
- C. Michalakelis, D. Varoutas, and T. Sphicopoulos, “Innovation diffusion with generation substitution effects,” Technological Forecasting and Social Change, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 541–557, 2010.
- F. H. Clarke, N. Darrough, and J. Heineke, “Optimal pricing policy in the presence of experience effects,” Journal of Business, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 517–530, 1982.
- J. A. Dodson and E. Muller, “Models of new product diffusion through advertising and words of mouth,” Manangement Science, vol. 24, no. 15, pp. 1568–1578, 1978.
- D. C. Jain and R. C. Rao, “Effect of price on the demand for durables: modeling, estimation and finding,” International Journal of Forecasting, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 163–170, 1990.
- S. Kalish, “Monopolist pricing with dynamic demand and production cost,” Marketing Science, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 135–159, 1983.
- P. K. Kapur, O. Singh, U. Chanda, and M. Basirzadeh, “Determining adoption pattern with pricing using two-dimensional innovation diffusion model,” Journal of High Technology Management Research, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 136–146, 2010.
- R. Peres, E. Muller, and V. Mahajan, “Innovation diffusion and new product growth models: a critical review and research directions,” International Journal of Research in Marketing, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 91–106, 2010.
- B. Robinson and C. Lakhani, “Dynamic Price models for new product planning,” Management Science, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 1113–1122, 1975.
- W. Wendi, P. Fergola, and C. Tenneriello, “Innovation diffusion model in patch environment,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 134, no. 1, pp. 51–67, 2003.
- P. Diamond, “Stability and periodicity in fuzzy differential equations,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 583–590, 2000.
- C. V. Negoiţă and D. A. Ralescu, Applications of Fuzzy Sets to Systems Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- C. Yunjie and Z. Yan, “The population target in our country: no more than 1. 6 billion before middle of this century [EB/OL],” http://news.xinhuanet.com/newscenter/2003-01/08/content_683703.htm.
- J. Xu, Z. Liao, and Z. Hu, “A class of linear differential dynamical systems with fuzzy initial condition,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 158, no. 21, pp. 2339–2358, 2007.