- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 162563, 10 pages
Pricing and Allotment in a Sea-Cargo Supply Chain with Reference Effect: A Dynamic Game Approach
1School of Management, Tianjin University of Technology, 391 Binshui Xidao, Xiqing District, Tianjin 300384, China
2Department of Business and Economics, University of Southern, 5230 Odense, Denmark
3School of Business, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
Received 30 December 2012; Accepted 7 February 2013
Academic Editor: Xiang Li
Copyright © 2013 Lei Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Spinler, Capacity Reservation for Capital-Intensive Technology: A Options Approach, vol. 525, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 2003.
- R. Hellermann, Capacity Options for Revenue Management. Theory and Applications in the Air Cargo Industry, vol. 575, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 2006.
- D. Sigworth, “Contracting: making the rate case,” Traffic World, vol. 268, no. 17, pp. 32–33, 2004.
- D. Gupta, Carrier-Forwarder Contracts in the Air Cargo Industry, Working Paper, 2006.
- R. G. Kasilingam, “Air cargo revenue management: characteristics and complexities,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 36–44, 1997.
- J. S. Billings, A. G. Diener, and B. B. Yuen, “Cargo revenue optimization,” Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, no. 2, pp. 69–79, 2003.
- I. Popescu and Y. Wu, “Dynamic pricing strategies with reference effects,” Operations Research, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 413–429, 2007.
- D. Kahneman and A. Tversky, “Prospect theory: an analysis of decision under risk,” Econometrica, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 263–291, 1979.
- M. A. Lariviere and E. L. Porteus, “Selling to the newsvendor: an analysis of price-only contracts,” Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 293–305, 2001.
- B. Holmström and P. Milgrom, “Aggregation and linearity in the provision of intertemporal incentives,” Econometrica, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 303–328, 1987.
- J. S. Raju and V. Srinivasan, “Quota-based compensation plans for multiterritory heterogeneous salesforces,” Management Science, vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 1454–1462, 1996.
- H. Varian, Microeconomic Analysis, Norton, New York, NY, USA, 1992.
- L. R. Weatherford and S. E. Bodily, “A taxonomy and research overview of perishable-asset revenue management: yield management, overbooking and pricing,” Operations Research, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 831–844, 1992.
- D. K. Tscheulin and J. Lindenmeier, “Yield-management—Ein State-of-the-art,” Zeitschrift für Betriebswirtschaft, vol. 73, no. 6, pp. 629–662, 2003.
- E. S. Mills, “Uncertainty and price theory,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 116–130, 1959.
- A. H. L. Lau and H. S. Lau, “Newsboy problem with price-dependent demand distribution,” IIE Transactions, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 168–175, 1988.
- E. L. Porteus, “Stochastic inventory models,” in Handbooks in Operations Research and Management Science, Volume 2: Stochastic Models, D. P. Heyman and M. J. Sobel, Eds., vol. 2, chapter 12, pp. 605–652, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1990.
- H. S. Lau, “Simple formulas for the expected costs in the newsboy problem: an educational note,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 100, no. 3, pp. 557–561, 1997.
- A. A. Tsay, “The quantity flexibility contract and supplier-customer incentives,” Management Science, vol. 45, no. 10, pp. 1339–1358, 1999.
- W. M. Swan, “Airline demand distributions: passenger revenue management and spill,” Transportation Research E, vol. 38, no. 3-4, pp. 253–263, 2002.
- M. Nerlove, “Adaptive expectations and cobweb phenomena,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 227–240, 1958.
- R. S. Winer, “A reference price model of brand choice for frequently purchased products,” Journal of Consumer Research, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 250–256, 1986.
- G. Sorger, “Reference price formation and optimal marketing strategies,” in Optimal Control Theory and Economic Analysis, vol. 3, pp. 97–120, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1988.
- E. A. Greenleaf, “The impact of reference price effects on the profitability of price promotions,” Marketing Science, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 82–104, 1995.
- D. J. Wu, P. R. Kleindorfer, and J. E. Zhang, “Optimal bidding and contracting strategies for capital-intensive goods,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 137, no. 3, pp. 657–676, 2002.
- J. J. Spengler, “Vertical integration and antitrust policy,” Journal of Political Economy, vol. 53, pp. 347–352, 1950.
- X. Bu, L. Xu, and L. Su, “Intertemporal pricing and allotment of sea-cargo capacity under reference effect,” Journal of Service Science and Management, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 206–214, 2008.