- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 163070, 8 pages
Persistence Property and Asymptotic Description for DGH Equation with Strong Dissipation
Department of Basic, Zhejiang Dongfang Vocational Technical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325011, China
Received 9 February 2013; Accepted 10 March 2013
Academic Editor: Yonghui Xia
Copyright © 2013 Ke-chuang Wang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. R. Dullin, G. A. Gottwald, and D. D. Holm, “An integrable shallow water equation with linear and nonlinear dispersion,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 87, no. 19, Article ID 194501, 4 pages, 2001.
- J. Bourgain, “Fourier transform restriction phenomena for certain lattice subsets and applications to nonlinear evolution equations, II. The KdV equation,” Geometric and Functional Analysis, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 209–262, 1993.
- R. Camassa and D. D. Holm, “An integrable shallow water equation with peaked solitons,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 71, no. 11, pp. 1661–1664, 1993.
- A. Constantin, “Finite propagation speed for the Camassa-Holm equation,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 46, no. 2, Article ID 023506, 4 pages, 2005.
- A. Constantin and J. Escher, “Wave breaking for nonlinear nonlocal shallow water equations,” Acta Mathematica, vol. 181, no. 2, pp. 229–243, 1998.
- A. Constantin and J. Escher, “Well-posedness, global existence, and blowup phenomena for a periodic quasi-linear hyperbolic equation,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 475–504, 1998.
- A. A. Himonas, G. Misiołek, G. Ponce, and Y. Zhou, “Persistence properties and unique continuation of solutions of the Camassa-Holm equation,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 271, no. 2, pp. 511–522, 2007.
- H. P. McKean, “Breakdown of the Camassa-Holm equation,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 416–418, 2004.
- Z. Xin and P. Zhang, “On the weak solutions to a shallow water equation,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 53, no. 11, pp. 1411–1433, 2000.
- Y. Zhou, “Wave breaking for a shallow water equation,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Application, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 137–152, 2004.
- Y. Zhou, “Wave breaking for a periodic shallow water equation,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 290, no. 2, pp. 591–604, 2004.
- Y. Zhou, “Stability of solitary waves for a rod equation,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 977–981, 2004.
- Y. Zhou, “Local well-posedness and blow-up criteria of solutions for a rod equation,” Mathematische Nachrichten, vol. 278, no. 14, pp. 1726–1739, 2005.
- L. Ni and Y. Zhou, “Wave breaking and propagation speed for a class of nonlocal dispersive -equations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 592–600, 2011.
- L. Tian, G. Gui, and Y. Liu, “On the well-posedness problem and the scattering problem for the Dullin-Gottwald-Holm equation,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 257, no. 3, pp. 667–701, 2005.
- T. Kato, “Quasi-linear equations of evolution, with applications to partial differential equations,” in Spectral Theory and Differential Equations: Proceedings of the Symposium Held at Dundee, Scotland, 1–19 July 1974, vol. 448 of Lecture Notes in Mathetics, pp. 25–70, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1975.
- Y. Zhou, “Blow-up of solutions to the DGH equation,” Journal of Functional Analysis, vol. 250, no. 1, pp. 227–248, 2007.
- Y. Zhou and Z. Guo, “Blow up and propagation speed of solutions to the DGH equation,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems B, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 657–670, 2009.
- J.-M. Ghidaglia, “Weakly damped forced Korteweg-de Vries equations behave as a finite-dimensional dynamical system in the long time,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 369–390, 1988.
- Z. Guo, “Blow up, global existence, and infinite propagation speed for the weakly dissipative Camassa-Holm equation,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 49, no. 3, Article ID 033516, 9 pages, 2008.
- Z. Guo and L. Ni, “Wave breaking for the periodic weakly dissipative Dullin-Gottwald-Holm equation,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 965–973, 2011.
- S. Wu and Z. Yin, “Global existence and blow-up phenomena for the weakly dissipative Camassa-Holm equation,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 246, no. 11, pp. 4309–4321, 2009.
- A. V. Busuioc and T. S. Ratiu, “The second grade fluid and averaged Euler equations with Navier-slip boundary conditions,” Nonlinearity, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 1119–1149, 2003.