- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 171582, 8 pages
Using CVIS to Improve Bus Schedule Adherence: A Predictive Control Strategy and Its Hardware-in-the-Loop Field Tests
Key Laboratory of Road and Traffic Engineering, Ministry of Education, Tongji University, 4800 Cao’an Road, Jiading, Shanghai 201804, China
Received 22 August 2013; Accepted 22 September 2013
Academic Editor: Huimin Niu
Copyright © 2013 Wei Yin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. B. Mirchandani and D. E. Lucas, “Integrated transit priority and rail/emergency preemption in real-time traffic adaptive signal control,” Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems: Technology, Planning, and Operations, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 101–115, 2004.
- N. B. Hounsell, B. P. Shrestha, F. N. McLeod, S. Palmer, T. Bowen, and J. R. Head, “Using global positioning system for bus priority in London: traffic signals close to bus stops,” IET Intelligent Transport Systems, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 131–137, 2007.
- Y. Wadjas and P. G. Furth, “Transit signal priority along arterials using advanced detection,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1856, pp. 220–230, 2003.
- F. Dion, H. Rakha, and Y. Zhang, “Evaluation of potential transit signal priority benefits along a fixed-time signalized arterial,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 130, no. 3, pp. 294–303, 2004.
- H. R. Smith and B. Hemily, Signal Priority (TSP): A Planning and Implementation Handbook, 2005.
- B. Yu, W. H. K. Lam, and M. L. Tam, “Bus arrival time prediction at bus stop with multiple routes,” Transportation Research Part C, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1157–1170, 2011.
- R. Jeong and L. R. Rilett, “Bus arrival time prediction using artificial neural network model,” in Proceedings of the 7th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC '04), pp. 988–993, October 2004.
- H. Hartenstein and K. P. Laberteaux, “A tutorial survey on vehicular ad hoc networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 164–171, 2008.
- J. Anda, J. LeBrun, D. Ghosal, C. N. Chuah, and M. Zhang, “VGrid: vehicular adhoc networking and computing grid for intelligent traffic control,” in Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE 61st Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '05), pp. 2905–2909, June 2005.
- S. Hallé and B. Chaib-draa, “A collaborative driving system based on multiagent modelling and simulations,” Transportation Research Part C, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 320–345, 2005.
- S. K. C. Lo, “A collaborative multi-agent message transmission mechanism in intelligent transportation system—a smart freeway example,” Information Sciences, vol. 184, no. 1, pp. 246–265, 2012.
- S. Röglinger, “A methodology for testing intersection related Vehicle-2-X applications,” Computer Networks, vol. 55, no. 14, pp. 3154–3168, 2011.
- O. Gietelink, J. Ploeg, B. de Schutter, and M. Verhaegen, “Development of advanced driver assistance systems with vehicle hardware-in-the-loop simulations,” Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 44, no. 7, pp. 569–590, 2006.
- J. Alonso, V. Milanés, J. Pérez, E. Onieva, C. González, and T. de Pedro, “Autonomous vehicle control systems for safe crossroads,” Transportation Research Part C, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1095–1110, 2011.
- W. Ma, X. Yang, and Y. Liu, “Development and evaluation of a coordinated and conditional bus priority approach,” Transportation Research Record, no. 2145, pp. 49–58, 2010.
- A. Skabardonis, “Control strategies for transit priority,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1727, pp. 20–26, 2000.