- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 178713, 17 pages
System Dynamics Model for VMI&TPL Integrated Supply Chains
1School of Management and Economics, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing 100081, China
2Ningbo Modern Logistics Planning Institute, Ningbo, Zhejiang 315042, China
Received 29 July 2013; Accepted 28 September 2013
Academic Editor: Tinggui Chen
Copyright © 2013 Guo Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Çetinkaya and C.-Y. Lee, “Stock replenishment and shipment scheduling for vendor-managed inventory systems,” Management Science, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 217–232, 2000.
- S. Çetinkaya and C.-Y. Lee, “Optimal outbound dispatch policies: modeling inventory and cargo capacity,” Naval Research Logistics, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 531–556, 2002.
- C.-Y. Lee, S. Çetinkaya, and W. Jaruphongsa, “A dynamic model for inventory lot sizing and outbound shipment scheduling at a third-party warehouse,” Operations Research, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 735–837, 2003.
- S. Çetinkaya, F. Mutlu, and C.-Y. Lee, “A comparison of outbound dispatch policies for integrated inventory and transportation decisions,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 171, no. 3, pp. 1094–1112, 2006.
- F. Mutlu, S. Çetinkaya, and J. H. Bookbinder, “An analytical model for computing the optimal time-and-quantity-based policy for consolidated shipments,” IIE Transactions, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 367–377, 2010.
- S. Çetinkaya and J. H. Bookbinder, “Stochastic models for the dispatch of consolidated shipments,” Transportation Research B, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 747–768, 2003.
- J. Dejonckheere, S. M. Disney, M. R. Lambrecht, and D. R. Towill, “Transfer function analysis of forecasting induced bullwhip in supply chains,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 78, no. 2, pp. 133–144, 2002.
- W. Jaruphongsa, S. Çetinkaya, and C.-Y. Lee, “A two-echelon inventory optimization model with demand time window considerations,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 347–366, 2004.
- W. Jaruphongsa, S. Çetinkaya, and C.-Y. Lee, “A dynamic lot-sizing model with multi-mode replenishments: polynomial algorithms for special cases with dual and multiple modes,” IIE Transactions, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 453–467, 2005.
- W. Jaruphongsa, S. Çetinkaya, and C.-Y. Lee, “Outbound shipment mode considerations for integrated inventory and delivery lot-sizing decisions,” Operations Research Letters, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 813–822, 2007.
- W. Jaruphongsa and C.-Y. Lee, “Dynamic lot-sizing problem with demand time windows and container-based transportation cost,” Optimization Letters, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 39–51, 2008.
- C.-Y. Lee, “Inventory replenishment model: lot sizing versus just-in-time delivery,” Operations Research Letters, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 581–590, 2004.
- H.-C. Hwang, “Economic lot-sizing for integrated production and transportation,” Operations Research, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 428–444, 2010.
- C. Howard and J. Marklund, “Evaluation of stock allocation policies in a divergent inventory system with shipment consolidation,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 211, no. 2, pp. 298–309, 2011.
- M. Ç. Gürbüz, K. Moinzadeh, and Y.-P. Zhou, “Coordinated replenishment strategies in inventory/distribution systems,” Management Science, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 293–307, 2007.
- L. E. Cárdenas-Barrón, G. Treviño-Garza, and H. M. Wee, “A simple and better algorithm to solve the vendor managed inventory control system of multi-product multi-constraint economic order quantity model,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 3888–3895, 2012.
- J. Sadeghia, S. M. Mousavib, S. T. A. Niakic, and S. Sadeghid, “Optimizing a multi-vendor multi-retailer vendor managed inventory problem: two tuned meta-heuristic algorithms,” Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 50, no. 9, pp. 159–170, 2013.
- M. Hariga, M. Gumus, A. Daghfous, and S. K. Goyal, “A vendor managed inventory model under contractual storage agreement,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 2138–2144, 2013.
- D. R. Towill, “Dynamic analysis of an inventory and order based production control system,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 20, pp. 369–383, 1982.
- J. W. Forrester, “Industrial dynamics: a major breakthrough for decision makers,” Harvard Business Review, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 37–66, 1958.
- J. D. Sterman, “Modeling managerial behavior: misperceptions of feedback in a dynamic decision making experiment,” Management Science, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 321–339, 1989.
- S. John, M. M. Naim, and D. R. Towill, “Dynamic analysis of a WIP compensated decision support system,” International Journal of Manufacturing System Design, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 283–297, 1994.
- R. Mason-Jones, M. M. Naim, and D. R. Towill, “The impact of pipeline control on supply chain dynamics,” The International Journal of Logistics Management, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 47–61, 1997.
- S. M. Disney and D. R. Towill, “A procedure for the optimization of the dynamic response of a Vendor Managed Inventory system,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 43, no. 1-2, pp. 27–58, 2002.
- S. M. Disney and D. R. Towill, “A discrete transfer function model to determine the dynamic stability of a vendor managed inventory supply chain,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 179–204, 2002.
- S. M. Disney and D. R. Towill, “On the bullwhip and inventory variance produced by an ordering policy,” Omega, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 157–167, 2003.
- S. M. Disney and D. R. Towill, “The effect of vendor managed inventory (VMI) dynamics on the Bullwhip Effect in supply chains,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 199–215, 2003.
- S. M. Disney and D. R. Towill, “Vendor-managed inventory and bullwhip reduction in a two-level supply chain,” International Journal of Operations and Production Management, vol. 23, no. 5-6, pp. 625–651, 2003.
- J. Wikner, “Dynamic analysis of a production-inventory model,” Kybernetes, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 803–823, 2005.
- H. Chen, Y. Han, and B. Wang, “The study of inventory management based on system dynamics,” Journal of Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 132–140, 2005.
- Y. Yang and Z. Liu, “A system dynamic model of vendor managed inventory and third party logistics,” System Engineering, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 38–44, 2007.
- S. Cho and A. Lazaro, “Control theoretic model using PID controller for just-in-time production scheduling,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 51, no. 5–8, pp. 699–709, 2010.
- K.-P. Lin, P.-T. Chang, K.-C. Hung, and P.-F. Pai, “A simulation of vendor managed inventory dynamics using fuzzy arithmetic operations with genetic algorithms,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 2571–2579, 2010.
- D. Kastsian and M. Mönnigmann, “Optimization of a vendor managed inventory supply chain with guaranteed stability and robustness,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 131, no. 2, pp. 727–735, 2011.
- Y. Kristianto, P. Helo, J. Jiao, and M. Sandhu, “Adaptive fuzzy vendor managed inventory control for mitigating the Bullwhip effect in supply chains,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 216, no. 2, pp. 346–355, 2012.
- Y. Kristianto, A. Gunasekaran, P. Helo, and M. Sandhu, “A decision support system for integrating manufacturing and product design into the reconfiguration of the supply chain networks,” Decision Support Systems, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 790–801, 2012.
- M. Li and J. Zhang, “Does inventory pooling improve customer service levels?” Operations Research Letters, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 96–98, 2012.