- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 280560, 15 pages
A Three-Stage Optimization Algorithm for the Stochastic Parallel Machine Scheduling Problem with Adjustable Production Rates
School of Economics and Management, Nanchang University, Nanchang 330031, China
Received 17 October 2012; Accepted 15 January 2013
Academic Editor: Xiang Li
Copyright © 2013 Rui Zhang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Mönch, J. W. Fowler, S. Dauzère-Pérès, S. J. Mason, and O. Rose, “A survey of problems, solution techniques, and future challenges in scheduling semiconductor manufacturing operations,” Journal of Scheduling, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 583–599, 2011.
- R. Gokhale and M. Mathirajan, “Scheduling identical parallel machines with machine eligibility restrictions to minimize total weighted flowtime in automobile gear manufacturing,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 60, no. 9–12, pp. 1099–1110, 2012.
- S. Q. Liu and E. Kozan, “Scheduling trains with priorities: a no-wait blocking parallel-machine job-shop scheduling model,” Transportation Science, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 175–198, 2011.
- C.-J. Liao, C.-M. Chen, and C.-H. Lin, “Minimizing makespan for two parallel machines with job limit on each availability interval,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 58, no. 7, pp. 938–947, 2007.
- C. N. Potts and V. A. Strusevich, “Fifty years of scheduling: a survey of milestones,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. S41–S68, 2009.
- D. Biskup, J. Herrmann, and J. N. D. Gupta, “Scheduling identical parallel machines to minimize total tardiness,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 115, no. 1, pp. 134–142, 2008.
- A. Jouglet and D. Savourey, “Dominance rules for the parallel machine total weighted tardiness scheduling problem with release dates,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. 1259–1266, 2011.
- S.-W. Lin, Z.-J. Lee, K.-C. Ying, and C.-C. Lu, “Minimization of maximum lateness on parallel machines with sequence-dependent setup times and job release dates,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 809–815, 2011.
- A. J. Ruiz-Torres, F. J. López, and J. C. Ho, “Scheduling uniform parallel machines subject to a secondary resource to minimize the number of tardy jobs,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 179, no. 2, pp. 302–315, 2007.
- J. Banks, J. S. Carson, B. L. Nelson, and D. M. Nicol, Discrete-Event System Simulation, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 5th edition, 2009.
- P. Brucker, Scheduling Algorithms, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 5th edition, 2007.
- E. Kozan and B. Casey, “Alternative algorithms for the optimization of a simulation model of a multimodal container terminal,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 1203–1213, 2007.
- K. Muthuraman and H. Zha, “Simulation-based portfolio optimization for large portfolios with transaction costs,” Mathematical Finance, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 115–134, 2008.
- G. Van Ryzin and G. Vulcano, “Simulation-based optimization of virtual nesting controls for network revenue management,” Operations Research, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 865–880, 2008.
- R. Pasupathy, “On choosing parameters in retrospective-approximation algorithms for stochastic root finding and simulation optimization,” Operations Research, vol. 58, no. 4, part 1, pp. 889–901, 2010.
- D. Bertsimas, O. Nohadani, and K. M. Teo, “Robust optimization for unconstrained simulation-based problems,” Operations Research, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 161–178, 2010.
- A. K. Miranda and E. Del Castillo, “Robust parameter design optimization of simulation experiments using stochastic perturbation methods,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 198–205, 2011.
- S. H. Melouk, B. B. Keskin, C. Armbrester, and M. Anderson, “A simulation optimization-based decision support tool for mitigating traffic congestion,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 62, no. 11, pp. 1971–1982, 2011.
- L. Napalkova and G. Merkuryeva, “Multi-objective stochastic simulation-based optimisation applied to supply chain planning,” Technological and Economic Development of Economy, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 132–148, 2012.
- Y. Zhang, M. L. Puterman, M. Nelson, and D. Atkins, “A simulation optimization approach to long-term care capacity planning,” Operations Research, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 249–261, 2012.
- Y. C. Ho, R. S. Sreenivas, and P. Vakili, “Ordinal optimization of DEDS,” Discrete Event Dynamic Systems, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 61–88, 1992.
- R. Storn and K. Price, “Differential evolution—a simple and efficient heuristic for global optimization over continuous spaces,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 341–359, 1997.
- G. Onwubolu and D. Davendra, “Scheduling flow shops using differential evolution algorithm,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 171, no. 2, pp. 674–692, 2006.
- L. Wang, Q.-K. Pan, P. N. Suganthan, W.-H. Wang, and Y.-M. Wang, “A novel hybrid discrete differential evolution algorithm for blocking flow shop scheduling problems,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 509–520, 2010.
- Y.-C. Ho, Q.-C. Zhao, and Q.-S. Jia, Ordinal Optimization: Soft Optimization for Hard Problems, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2007.
- S.-C. Horng and S.-S. Lin, “An ordinal optimization theory-based algorithm for a class of simulation optimization problems and application,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 9340–9349, 2009.
- D. H. Wolpert and W. G. Macready, “No free lunch theorems for optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 67–82, 1997.
- C.-H. Chen, E. Yücesan, L. Dai, and H.-C. Chen, “Optimal budget allocation for discrete-event simulation experiments,” IIE Transactions, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 60–70, 2010.
- R. Haupt, “A survey of priority rule-based scheduling,” Operations-Research-Spektrum, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 3–16, 1989.
- W. Y. Fowlkes, C. M. Creveling, and J. Derimiggio, Engineering Methods for Robust Product Design: Using Taguchi Methods in Technology and Product Development, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 1995.
- B. Liu, L. Wang, and Y.-H. Jin, “Hybrid particle swarm optimization for flow shop scheduling with stochastic processing time,” in Computational Intelligence and Security, vol. 3801 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 630–637, 2005.