- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 309585, 9 pages
A Location-Allocation Model for Seaport-Dry Port System Optimization
1Institute of Waterborne Transportation & Logistics Engineering, College of Harbor, Coastal and Offshore Engineering, Hohai University, Nanjing, China
2College of Transport & Communications, Shanghai Maritime University, Shanghai, China
Received 28 June 2013; Revised 26 October 2013; Accepted 3 November 2013
Academic Editor: Zhigang Jiang
Copyright © 2013 Xuejun Feng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. H. Bird, The Major Seaports of the United Kingdom, Hutchinson, London, UK, 1963.
- B. Hoyle, Seaports and Development: The Experience of Kenya and Tanzania, Gordon and Breach Science, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- T. E. Notteboom and J.-P. Rodrigue, “Port regionalization: towards a new phase in port development,” Maritime Policy and Management, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 297–313, 2005.
- J.-P. Rodrigue and T. Notteboom, “Foreland-based regionalization: integrating intermediate hubs with port hinterlands,” Research in Transportation Economics, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 19–29, 2010.
- CEMT, “Land access to sea ports: round table 113,” Tech. Rep., CEMT, Paris, France, 2001.
- V. Roso, J. Woxenius, and K. Lumsden, “The dry port concept: connecting container seaports with the hinterland,” Journal of Transport Geography, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 338–345, 2009.
- T. Heaver, H. Meersman, F. Moglia, and E. van de Voorde, “Do mergers and alliances influence European shipping and port competition?” Maritime Policy and Management, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 363–373, 2000.
- T. Heaver, H. Meersman, and E. van de Voorde, “Co-operation and competition in international container transport: strategies for ports,” Maritime Policy and Management, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 293–305, 2001.
- H. van Arjen Klink and G. C. van den Berg, “Gateways and intermodalism,” Journal of Transport Geography, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 1998.
- T. E. Notteboom, “Consolidation and contestability in the European container handling industry,” Maritime Policy and Management, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 257–269, 2002.
- T. E. Notteboom and W. Winkelmans, “Structural changes in logistics: how will port authorities face the challenge?” Maritime Policy and Management, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 71–89, 2001.
- R. Robinson, “Ports as elements in value-driven chain systems: the new paradigm,” Maritime Policy and Management, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 241–255, 2002.
- H. Yang, Dry Port Location Model Under Trans Texas Corridor Concept, The University of Texas, 2005.
- Y. Xu, A Discrete Choice Based Facility Location Modal for Inland Container Depot, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WVa, USA, 1999.
- P. Xi, G. Yan, and H. Cao, “Assumption on establishment of international port in western China—‘xi’an dry port’,” Tangdu Journal, vol. 17, no. 4, 2001.
- F. Guan, Research on Dry Port Development Trend and Size and Structure of Home Port Storage Yard, Dalian Maritime University, 2008.
- Y. Cai and N. Chen, “Research on linkage development of dry port and coastal port,” Port Perspective, no. 10, pp. 26–31, 2009.
- H. Wang, Construction of “Dry Port” and Application of Discrete Choice Theory in Site Selection, Shanghai Maritime University, 2004.
- W. Ma, Strategic Research on Development of Dry Port by Tianjin Port, Tianjin University, 2009.