- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 393729, 9 pages
Permanence and Global Attractivity of the Discrete Predator-Prey System with Hassell-Varley-Holling III Type Functional Response
Department of Mathematics and Physics, Fujian University of Technology, Fuzhou, Fujian 350108, China
Received 6 November 2012; Revised 18 February 2013; Accepted 19 February 2013
Academic Editor: M. De la Sen
Copyright © 2013 Runxin Wu and Lin Li. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Wu and L. Li, “Permanence and global attractivity of discrete predator-prey system with hassell-varley type functional response,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2009, Article ID 323065, 17 pages, 2009.
- H.-F. Huo and W.-T. Li, “Permanence and global stability of positive solutions of a nonautonomous discrete ratio-dependent predator-prey model,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, no. 2, pp. 135–144, 2005.
- J. Yang, “Dynamics behaviors of a discrete ratio-dependent predator-prey system with Holling type III functional response and feedback controls,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2008, Article ID 186539, 19 pages, 2008.
- Y. Huang, F. Chen, and L. Zhong, “Stability analysis of a prey-predator model with Holling type III response function incorporating a prey refuge,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 182, no. 1, pp. 672–683, 2006.
- F. Chen, “Permanence and global attractivity of a discrete multispecies Lotka-Volterra competition predator-prey systems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 182, no. 1, pp. 3–12, 2006.
- A. L. Nevai and R. A. Van Gorder, “Effect of resource subsidies on predator-prey population dynamics: a mathematical model,” Journal of Biological Dynamics, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 891–922, 2012.
- M. P. Hassell and G. C. Varley, “New inductive population model for insect parasites and its bearing on biological control,” Nature, vol. 223, no. 5211, pp. 1133–1137, 1969.
- X. X. Liu and L. H. Huang, “Positive periodic solutions for a discrete system with Hassell-Varley type functional response,” Mathematics in Practice and Theory, no. 12, pp. 115–120, 2009.
- M. L. Zhong and X. X. Liu, “Dynamical analysis of a predator-prey system with Hassell-Varley-Holling functional response,” Acta Mathematica Scientia. Series A, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 1295–1310, 2011.
- R. Arditi and H. R. Akçakaya, “Underestimation of mutual interference of predators,” Oecologia, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 358–361, 1990.
- W. J. Sutherland, “Aggregation and the “ideal free” distribution,” Journal of Animal Ecology, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 821–828, 1983.
- D. Schenk, L. F. Bersier, and S. Bacher, “An experimental test of the nature of predation: neither prey- nor ratio-dependent,” Journal of Animal Ecology, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 86–91, 2005.
- S.-B. Hsu, T.-W. Hwang, and Y. Kuang, “Global dynamics of a predator-prey model with Hassell-Varley type functional response,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems. Series B, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 857–871, 2008.
- F. Chen, “Permanence for the discrete mutualism model with time delays,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 47, no. 3-4, pp. 431–435, 2008.
- Y.-H. Fan and L.-L. Wang, “Permanence for a discrete model with feedback control and delay,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2008, Article ID 945109, 8 pages, 2008.
- F. Chen, “Permanence of a discrete -species cooperation system with time delays and feedback controls,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 186, no. 1, pp. 23–29, 2007.
- Z. Li and F. Chen, “Extinction in two dimensional discrete Lotka-Volterra competitive system with the effect of toxic substances,” Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete & Impulsive Systems. Series B, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 165–178, 2008.
- F. Chen, “Average conditions for permanence and extinction in nonautonomous Gilpin-Ayala competition model,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 895–915, 2006.