- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 398938, 9 pages
Performance of the Priority Control Strategies for Bus Rapid Transit: Comparative Study from Scenario Microsimulation Using VISSIM
1School of Transportation, Southeast University, No. 2, Sipailou, Nanjing 210096, China
2Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1226 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843-1226, USA
Received 22 September 2013; Accepted 5 November 2013
Academic Editor: Huimin Niu
Copyright © 2013 Min Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Golub, Brazil's Buses: Simply Successful, University of California Transportation Center, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 2004, http://www.uctc.net/.
- H. S. Levinson, S. Zimmerman, J. Clinger, and J. Gast, “Bus rapid transit: synthesis of case studies,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 1841, pp. 1–11, 2003.
- H. S. Levinson, S. Zimmerman, and J. Clinger, “Bus rapid transit-volume 1: case studies in bus rapid transit,” Transit Cooperative Research Program (TCRP) Report 90, Federal Transit Administration in Cooperation with the Transit Development Corporation, 2011, http://www.nbrti.org/docs/pdf/tcrp_rpt_90v1.pdf.
- L. Schramm, K. Watkins, and S. Rutherford, “Features that affect variability of travel time on bus rapid transit systems,” Transportation Research Record, no. 2143, pp. 77–84, 2010.
- J. C. Cai and K. M. Xu, Develop the Bus Rapid Transit, Make Changzhou a Better City, Urban Vehicles, 2008.
- R. B. Diaz, Characteristics of Bus Rapid Transit for Decision-Making, U.S. Department of Transportation, McLean, Va, USA, 2004.
- L. Wright and W. Hook, Bus Rapid Transit Planning Guide, Institute for Transportation and Development Policy, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2007.
- V. T. Arasan and P. Vedagiri, “Microsimulation study of the effect of exclusive bus lanes on heterogeneous traffic flow,” Journal of Urban Planning and Development, vol. 136, no. 1, pp. 50–58, 2010.
- H. R. Smith, Transit Signal Priority Handbook, 2005.
- W. J. Ma and X. G. Yang, “A passive transit signal priority approach for bus rapid transit system,” in Proceedings of the 10th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC '07), pp. 413–418, Seattle, Wash, USA, October 2007.
- Z. R. Abdy and B. R. Hellinga, “Analytical method for estimating the impact of transit signal priority on vehicle delay,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 137, no. 8, pp. 589–600, 2011.
- H. Xu and M. Zheng, “Impact of bus-only lane location on the development and performance of the logic rule-based bus rapid transit signal priority,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 138, no. 3, pp. 293–314, 2012.
- A. Skabardonis, “Control strategies for transit priority,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 1727, pp. 20–26, 2000.
- S. Khasnabis, R. R. Karnati, and R. K. Rudraraju, “NETSIM-based approach to evaluation of bus preemption strategies,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 1554, pp. 80–89, 1996.
- P. G. Furth and T. H. J. Muller, “Conditional bus priority at signalized intersections: better service with less traffic disruption,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 1731, pp. 23–30, 2000.
- Y. Wadjas and P. G. Furth, “Transit signal priority along arterials using advanced detection,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 1856, pp. 220–230, 2003.
- W. Wang, S. Chen, and X. Hu, “Novel integrated method of bus speed guidance and dispatching based on “one route one line and run straight mode”,” Journal of Southeast University, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 1110–1115, 2008.
- S. Jiang and M. Murga, “Linking planning and operations for BRT: a microscopic traffic simulation study for the Chicago loop,” in Transportation Research Board (TRB) Meeting, Washington, DC, USA, January 2010.
- R. Fernández, “Modelling public transport stops by microscopic simulation,” Transportation Research C, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 856–868, 2010.
- M. Yang, “Final report on Urban transit planning of yingtan (2011–2020),” Technical Report, Southeast University, 2011.
- A. G. Karlsruhe, VISSIM 4.30 User Manual. PTV, Karlsruhe, Germany, 2007.
- A. Berkhout and J. Righolt, Chinese Driving Behavior in Nanjing Calibrating VISSIM Parameters, 2011, http://www.projectnanjing2009.nl.