- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 454209, 8 pages
Pattern Formation in a Diffusive Ratio-Dependent Holling-Tanner Predator-Prey Model with Smith Growth
School of Electronic and Information Engineering, Gansu Lianhe University, Lanzhou 730000, China
Received 3 February 2013; Accepted 4 March 2013
Academic Editor: Yonghui Xia
Copyright © 2013 Bo Yang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. V. Petrovskii and H. Malchow, “A minimal model of pattern formation in a prey-predator system,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 49–63, 1999.
- D. Alonso, F. Bartumeus, and J. Catalan, “Mutual interference between predators can give rise to turing spatial patterns,” Ecology, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 28–34, 2002.
- A. M. Turing, “The chemical basis of morphogenesis,” Philosactions Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series B, vol. 237, no. 641, pp. 37–72, 1952.
- L. A. Segel and J. L. Jackson, “Dissipative structure: an explanation and an ecological example,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 545–559, 1972.
- L. S. Luckinbill, “The effects of space and enrichment on a predator-prey system,” Ecology, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 1142–1147, 1974.
- S. A. Levin, “The problem of pattern and scale in ecology: the Robert H. MacArthur award lecture,” Ecology, vol. 73, no. 6, pp. 1943–1967, 1992.
- M. Pascual, “Diffusion-induced chaos in a spatial predator-prey system,” Proceedings of the Royal Society B, vol. 251, no. 1330, pp. 1–7, 1993.
- A. B. Medvinsky, S. V. Petrovskii, I. A. Tikhonova, H. Malchow, and B.-L. Li, “Spatiotemporal complexity of plankton and fish dynamics,” SIAM Review, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 311–370, 2002.
- J. D. Murray, Mathematical Biology. II: Spatial Models and Biomedical Applications, vol. 18 of Interdisciplinary Applied Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2003.
- A. B. Peet, P. A. Deutsch, and E. Peacock-López, “Complex dynamics in a three-level trophic system with intraspecies interaction,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 232, no. 4, pp. 491–503, 2005.
- D. A. Griffith and P. R. Peres-Neto, “Spatial modeling in ecology: the flexibility of eigenfunction spatial analyses,” Ecology, vol. 87, no. 10, pp. 2603–2613, 2006.
- I. G. Pearce, M. A. J. Chaplain, P. G. Schofield, A. R. A. Anderson, and S. F. Hubbard, “Modelling the spatio-temporal dynamics of multi-species host-parasitoid interactions: heterogeneous patterns and ecological implications,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 241, no. 4, pp. 876–886, 2006.
- W. Wang, Q.-X. Liu, and Z. Jin, “Spatiotemporal complexity of a ratio-dependent predator-prey system,” Physical Review E, vol. 75, no. 5, Article ID 051913, 9 pages, 2007.
- W. Wang, L. Zhang, H. Wang, and Z. Li, “Pattern formation of a predator-prey system with Ivlev-type functional response,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 221, no. 2, pp. 131–140, 2010.
- W. Wang, Y. Lin, F. Rao, L. Zhang, and Y. Tan, “Pattern selection in a ratio-dependent predator-prey model,” Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment, vol. 2010, Article ID P11036, 2010.
- W. Wang, Y. Lin, L. Zhang, F. Rao, and Y. Tan, “Complex patterns in a predator-prey model with self and cross-diffusion,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 2006–2015, 2011.
- X. Guan, W. Wang, and Y. Cai, “Spatiotemporal dynamics of a Leslie-Gower predator-prey model incorporating a prey refuge,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 2385–2395, 2011.
- Y. Zhu, Y. Cai, S. Yan, and W. Wang, “Dynamical analysis of a delayed reaction-diffusion predator-prey system,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 323186, 23 pages, 2012.
- Y. Cai, W. Wang, and J. Wang, “Dynamics of a diffusive predator-prey model with additive Allee effect,” International Journal of Biomathematics, vol. 5, no. 2, Article ID 1250023, 11 pages, 2012.
- W. Wang, Z. Guo, R. K. Upadhyay, and Y. Lin, “Pattern formation in a cross-diffusive Holling-Tanner model,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2012, Article ID 828219, 12 pages, 2012.
- R. Arditi, L. R. Ginzburg, and H. R. Akcakaya, “Variation in plankton densities among lakes: a case for ratio-dependent models,” The American Naturalist, vol. 138, no. 5, pp. 287–1296, 1991.
- R. Arditi and H. Saiah, “Empirical evidence of the role of heterogeneity in ratio-dependent consumption,” Ecology, vol. 73, no. 5, pp. 1544–1551, 1992.
- A. P. Gutierrez, “Physiological basis of ratio-dependent predator-prey theory: the metabolic pool model as a paradigm,” Ecology, vol. 73, no. 5, pp. 1552–1563, 1992.
- T. Saha and C. Chakrabarti, “Dynamical analysis of a delayed ratio-dependent Holling-Tanner predator-prey model,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 358, no. 2, pp. 389–402, 2009.
- R. Arditi and L. R. Ginzburg, “Coupling in predator-prey dynamics: ratio-dependence,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 139, no. 3, pp. 311–326, 1989.
- R. Arditi, N. Perrin, and H. Saiah, “Functional responses and heterogeneities: an experimental test with cladocerans,” Oikos, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 69–75, 1991.
- Z. Liang and H. Pan, “Qualitative analysis of a ratio-dependent Holling-Tanner model,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 334, no. 2, pp. 954–964, 2007.
- M. Banerjee and S. Banerjee, “Turing instabilities and spatio-temporal chaos in ratio-dependent Holling-Tanner model,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 236, no. 1, pp. 64–76, 2012.
- F. E. Smith, “Population dynamics in Daphnia Magna and a new model for population growth,” Ecology, vol. 44, pp. 651–663, 1963.
- E. C. Pielou, An Introduction to Mathematical Ecology, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1969.
- T. G. Hallam and J. T. Deluna, “Effects of toxicants on populations: a qualitative approach III,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 109, no. 3, pp. 411–429, 1984.
- K. Gopalsamy, M. R. S. Kulenović, and G. Ladas, “Environmental periodicity and time delays in a “food-limited” population model,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 147, no. 2, pp. 545–555, 1990.
- W. Feng and X. Lu, “On diffusive population models with toxicants and time delays,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 233, no. 1, pp. 373–386, 1999.
- M. Fan and K. Wang, “Periodicity in a “food-limited” population model with toxicants and time delays,” Acta Mathematicae Applicatae Sinica, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 309–314, 2002.
- M. R. Garvie, “Finite-difference schemes for reaction-diffusion equations modeling predator-prey interactions in MATLAB,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 931–956, 2007.
- A. Munteanu and R. V. Solé, “Pattern formation in noisy self-replicating spots,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 3679–3685, 2006.