- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 473248, 8 pages
On the Distributions of Subgraph Centralities in Complex Networks
1School of Computer Science, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi'an, Shanxi 710062, China
2College of Computer, Qinghai Normal University, Xining, Qinghai 810008, China
3Department of Mathematics, Qinghai Normal University, Xining, Qinghai 810008, China
Received 15 August 2013; Accepted 12 September 2013
Academic Editor: Jinde Cao
Copyright © 2013 Faxu Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Estrada and J. A. Rodríguez-Velázquez, “Subgraph centrality in complex networks,” Physical Review E, vol. 71, no. 5, Article ID 056103, 9 pages, 2005.
- S. H. Strogatz, “Exploring complex networks,” Nature, vol. 410, no. 6825, pp. 268–276, 2001.
- P. F. M. Faloutsos and C. Faloutsos, “On power-law relationships of the Internet topology,” Computer Communication Review, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 251–262, 1999.
- R. Milo, S. Shen-Orr, S. Itzkovitz, N. Kashtan, D. Chklovskii, and U. Alon, “Network motifs: simple building blocks of complex networks,” Science, vol. 298, no. 5594, pp. 824–827, 2002.
- M. E. J. Newman, “The structure and function of complex networks,” SIAM Review, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 167–256, 2003.
- R. J. Watts and N. D. Martinez, “Simple rules yield complex food webs,” Nature, vol. 404, pp. 180–183, 2000.
- L. C. Freeman, “Centrality in social networks conceptual clarification,” Social Networks, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 215–239, 1979.
- P. Erdős and A. Rényi, “On the evolution of random graphs,” Mathematical Institute of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, vol. 5, pp. 17–61, 1960.
- R. F. i Cancho and R. V. Solé, “The small world of human language,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of London B, vol. 268, no. 1482, pp. 2261–2265, 2001.
- S. N. Dorogovtsev and J. F. F. Mendes, “Evolution of networks,” Advances in Physics, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 1079–1187, 2002.
- S. Wuchty, “Scale-free behavior in protein domain networks,” Molecular Biology and Evolution, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 1694–1702, 2001.
- D. J. Watts and S. H. Strogatz, “Collective dynamics of ‘small-world’ networks,” Nature, vol. 393, no. 6684, pp. 440–442, 1998.
- H. Jeong, B. Tombor, Z. N. Oltvai, and A.-L. Barabási, “The large-scale organization of metabolic networks,” Nature, vol. 407, pp. 651–654, 2000.
- R. Albert, H. Jeong, and A.-L. Barabási, “Diameter of the world-wide web,” Nature, vol. 401, no. 6749, pp. 130–131, 1999.
- S. Wasserman and K. Faust, Social Network Analysis, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1994.
- G. A. C. M. Sigman and G. A. Cecchi, “Global organization of the Wordnet lexicon,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 99, no. 3, pp. 1742–1747, 2002.
- C. Zhan, G. Chen, and L. F. Yeung, “On the distributions of Laplacian eigenvalues versus node degrees in complex networks,” Physica A, vol. 389, no. 8, pp. 1779–1788, 2010.
- D. J. Watts, Small Worlds: The Dynamics of Networks between Order and Randomness, Princeton Studies in Complexity, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1999.
- A. Schneeberger, C. H. Mercer, G. P. Garnett, et al., “Scale-free networks and sexually transmitted diseases: a description of observed patterns of sexual contacts in Britain and Zimbabwe,” Sexually Transmitted Diseases, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 380–387, 2004.
- M. E. J. Newman, “The structure of scientific collaboration networks,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 98, no. 2, pp. 404–409, 2001.
- A.-L. Barabási and R. Albert, “Emergence of scaling in random networks,” Science, vol. 286, no. 5439, pp. 509–512, 1999.
- F. Liljeros, C. R. Edling, L. A. N. Amaral, H. E. Stanley, and Y. Åberg, “Social networks: the web of human sexual contacts,” Nature, vol. 411, no. 6840, pp. 907–908, 2001.
- E. Yeger-Lotem, S. Sattath, N. Kashtan, et al., “Network motifs in integrated cellular networks of transcription-regulation and protein-protein interaction,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 101, pp. 5934–5939, 2004.
- R. Albert and A.-L. Barabási, “Statistical mechanics of complex networks,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 47–97, 2002.
- A.-L. Barabási and Z. N. Oltvai, “Network biology: understanding the cell's functional organization,” Nature Reviews Genetics, vol. 5, pp. 101–113, 2004.