- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 480560, 19 pages
Discrete Pseudo-SINR-Balancing Nonlinear Recurrent System
1Control and Automation Engineering Department, Doğuş University, Acibadem, Kadikoy, 34722 Istanbul, Turkey
2Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering, Department of Communications and Networking (COMNET), PL 13000 Aalto, 00076 Espoo, Finland
Received 24 October 2012; Revised 7 February 2013; Accepted 5 March 2013
Academic Editor: Kwok-Wo Wong
Copyright © 2013 Zekeriya Uykan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. J. Hopfield, “Neural networks and physical systems with emergent collective computational abilities,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 79, no. 8, pp. 2554–2558, 1982.
- J. J. Hopfield and D. W. Tank, “‘Neural’ computation of decisons in optimization problems,” Biological Cybernetics, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 141–152, 1985.
- S. Matsuda, “Optimal Hopfield network for combinatorial optimization with linear cost function,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 1319–1330, 1998.
- K. Smith, M. Palaniswami, and M. Krishnamoorthy, “Neural techniques for combinatorial optimization with applications,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 1301–1318, 1998.
- J. K. Paik and A. K. Katsaggelos, “Image restoration using a modified Hopfield network,” IEEE Transactions of Image Processing, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 49–63, 1992.
- G. G. Lendaris, K. Mathia, and R. Saeks, “Linear Hopfield networks and constrained optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 114–118, 1999.
- J. A. Farrell and A. N. Michel, “A synthesis procedure for Hopfield's continuous-time associative memory,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 877–884, 1990.
- M. K. Müezzinoglu, C. Güzeliş, and J. M. Zurada, “An energy function-based design method for discrete Hopfield associative memory with attractive fixed points,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 370–378, 2005.
- J. M. Zurada, Introduction to Artificial Neural Systems, West Publishing Company, 1992.
- M. Vidyasagar, “Location and stability of the high-gain equilibria of nonlinear neural networks,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 660–672, 1993.
- Z. Uykan, “On the SIRs (“Signal” -to- “Interference” -Ratio) in discrete-time autonomous linear networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Advanced Cognitive Technologies and Applications (COGNITIVE '09), Athens, Greece, November, 2009.
- Z. Uykan, “Fast convergent double-sigmoid hopfield neural network as applied to optimization problems,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 990–996, 2013.
- Z. Uykan and H. N. Koivo, “Sigmoid-basis nonlinear power-control algorithm for mobile radio systems,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 265–271, 2004.
- J. Zander, “Performance of optimum transmitter power control in cellular radio systems,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 41, pp. 57–62, 1992.
- J. Zander, “Distributed cochannel interference control in cellular radio systems,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 41, pp. 305–311, 1992.
- S. Haykin, Neural Networks, Macmillan, 1999.
- J. van den Berg, “The most general framework of continuous Hopfield neural networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Neural Networks for Identification, Control, Robotics, and Signal/Image Processing (NICROSP '96), pp. 92–100, August 1996.
- H. Harrer, J. A. Nossek, and F. Zou, “A learning algorithm for time-discrete cellular neural networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN '91), pp. 717–722, November 1991.
- D. O. Hebb, The Organization of Behaviour, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1949.
- M. K. Müezzinoǧlu and C. Güzeliş, “A Boolean Hebb rule for binary associative memory design,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 195–202, 2004.
- J. D. Herdtner and E. K. P. Chong, “Analysis of a class of distributed asynchronous power control algorithms for cellular wireless systems,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 436–446, 2000.
- D. Kim, “On the convergence of fixed-step power control algorithms with binary feedback for mobile communication systems,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 249–252, 2001.