- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 586867, 9 pages
Dynamical Model about Rumor Spreading with Medium
1National Key Laboratory for Electronic Measurement Technology, North University of China, Taiyuan, Shanxi 030051, China
2Laboratory of Instrumentation Science and Dynamic Measurement, Ministry of Education, North University of China, Taiyuan, Shanxi 030051, China
Received 13 December 2012; Accepted 22 January 2013
Academic Editor: Yanbin Sang
Copyright © 2013 Xiaxia Zhao and Jianzhong Wang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Kawachi, M. Seki, H. Yoshida, Y. Otake, K. Warashina, and H. Ueda, “A rumor transmission model with various contact interactions,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 253, no. 1, pp. 55–60, 2008.
- J. Kostka, Y. A. Oswald, and R. Wattenhofer, “Word of mouth: rumor dissemination in social networks,” in Structural Information and Communication Complexity, vol. 5058 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 185–196, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- Z. L. Zhang and Z. Q. Zhang, “An interplay modal for rumour spreadingand emergency development,” Physica A, vol. 388, no. 19, pp. 4159–4166, 2009.
- M. Kosfeld, “Rumours and markets,” Journal of Mathematical Economics, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 646–664, 2005.
- L. J. Zhao, Q. Wang, J. J. Cheng et al., “The impact of authorities' media and rumor dissemination on theevolution of emergency,” Physica A, vol. 391, no. 15, pp. 3978–3987, 2012.
- L. J. Zhao, J. J. Wang, Y. C. Chen et al., “SIHR rumor spreading model in socialnetworks,” Physica A, vol. 391, no. 7, pp. 2444–2453, 2012.
- A. Sudbury, “The proportion of the population never hearing a rumour,” Journal of Applied Probability, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 443–446, 1985.
- K. Kawachi, “Deterministic models for rumor transmission,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 1989–2028, 2008.
- A. Rapoport, “Spread of information through a population with socio-structural bias. I. Assumption of transitivity,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biophysics, vol. 15, pp. 523–533, 1953.
- A. Rapoport, “Spread of information through a population with socio-structural bias. II. Various models with partial transitivity,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biophysics, vol. 15, pp. 535–546, 1953.
- A. Rapoport and L. I. Rebhun, “On the mathematical theory of rumor spread,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biophysics, vol. 14, pp. 375–383, 1952.
- D. J. Daley and D. G. Kendall, “Epidemics and rumours,” Nature, vol. 204, article 1118, 1964.
- D. P. Maki and M. Thompson, Mathematical Models and Applications, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1973.
- B. Pittel, “On a Daley-Kendall model of random rumours,” Journal of Applied Probability, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 14–27, 1990.
- C. Lefèvre and P. Picard, “Distribution of the final extent of a rumour process,” Journal of Applied Probability, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 244–249, 1994.
- J. Gu, W. Li, and X. Cai, “The effect of the forget-remember mechanism onspreading,” European Physical Journal B, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 247–255, 2008.
- L. A. Huo, P. Q. Huang, and X. Fang, “An interplay model for authorities' actions and rumor spreading in emergency event,” Physica A, vol. 390, no. 20, pp. 3267–3274, 2011.
- L. J. Zhao, Q. Wang, J. J. Cheng, Y. C. Chen, J. J. Wang, and W. Huang, “Rumor spreading model with consideration of forgetting mechanism: a case of online blogging live journal,” Physica A, vol. 390, no. 13, pp. 2619–2625, 2011.
- K. L. Cooke, “Stability analysis for a vector disease model,” The Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 31–42, 1979.
- Y. Wang, Z. Jin, Z. M. Yang, Z. K. Zhang, T. Zhou, and G. Q. Sun, “Global analysis of an SIS model with an infective vector on complex networks,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 543–557, 2012.
- G. Q. Sun, L. Li, Z. Jin, and B. L. Li, “Effect of noise on the pattern formation in an epidemic model,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 1168–1179, 2010.
- M. Krstić, “The effect of stochastic perturbation on a nonlinear delay malaria epidemic model,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 558–569, 2011.
- C. Y. Ji, D. Q. Jiang, Q. S. Yang, and N. Z. Shi, “Dynamics of a multigroup SIR epidemic model with stochastic perturbation,” Automatica, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 121–131, 2012.
- V. Mendez, D. Campos, and W. Horsthemke, “Stochastic fluctuationsof the transmission rate in the susceptible-infected-susceptible epidemicmodel,” Physical Review E, vol. 86, no. 1, Article ID 011919, 8 pages, 2012.