- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 592938, 7 pages
Application of the Multistep Generalized Differential Transform Method to Solve a Time-Fractional Enzyme Kinetics
Department of Science and Humanities, Princess Sumaya University for Technology, Amman 11941, Jordan
Received 29 September 2012; Accepted 21 December 2012
Academic Editor: R. Sahadevan
Copyright © 2013 Ahmed Alawneh. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. S. Leszczynski, An Introduction to Fractional Mechanics, Czestochowa University of Technology, 2011.
- R. L. Magin, Fractional Calculus in Bioengineering, Begell House, Redding, Calif, USA, 2006.
- D. O. Craiem, F. J. Rojo, J. M. Atienza, G. V. Guinea, and R. L. Armentano, “Fractional calculus applied to model arterial Viscoelasticity,” Latin American Applied Research, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 141–145, 2008.
- F. A. Abdullah, “Using fractional differential equations to model the Michaelis-Menten reaction in a 2-d region containing obstacles,” ScienceAsia, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 75–78, 2011.
- M. A. Savageau, “Michaelis-Menten mechanism reconsidered: implications of fractal kinetics,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 176, no. 1, pp. 115–124, 1995.
- S. Schnell and C. Mendoza, “Closed form solution for time-dependent enzyme kinetics,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 187, no. 2, pp. 207–212, 1997.
- A. Meena, A. Eswari, and L. Rajendran, “Mathematical modelling of enzyme kinetics reaction mechanisms and analytical solutions of non-linear reaction equations,” Journal of Mathematical Chemistry, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 179–186, 2010.
- S. M. Goh, M. S. M. Noorani, and I. Hashim, “Introducing variational iteration method to a biochemical reaction model,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 2264–2272, 2010.
- I. Hashim, M. S. H. Chowdhury, and S. Mawa, “On multistage homotopy-perturbation method applied to nonlinear biochemical reaction model,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 823–827, 2008.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- Z. Odibat, S. Momani, and V. S. Erturk, “Generalized differential transform method: application to differential equations of fractional order,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 197, no. 2, pp. 467–477, 2008.
- S. Momani and Z. Odibat, “A novel method for nonlinear fractional partial differential equations: combination of DTM and generalized Taylor's formula,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 220, no. 1-2, pp. 85–95, 2008.
- Z. Odibat and S. Momani, “A generalized differential transform method for linear partial differential equations of fractional order,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 194–199, 2008.
- V. S. Erturk, S. Momani, and Z. Odibat, “Application of generalized differential transform method to multi-order fractional differential equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 1642–1654, 2008.
- Z. M. Odibat, C. Bertelle, M. A. Aziz-Alaoui, and G. H. E. Duchamp, “A multi-step differential transform method and application to non-chaotic or chaotic systems,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 1462–1472, 2010.
- V. S. Ertrk, Z. M. Odibat, and S. Momani, “An approximate solution of a fractional order differential equation model of human T-cell lymphotropic virus i (HTLV-I) infection of CD4+ T-cells,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 996–1002, 2011.
- M. Caputo, “Linear models of dissipation whose Q is almost frequency independent-II,” Geophysical Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 529–539, 1967.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- R. Hilfer, Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics, World Scientific, New Jersey, NJ, USA.
- R. L. Bagley and P. J. Torvik, “A theoretical basis for the application of fractional calculus,” Journal of Rheology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 201–210, 1983.
- O. Özkan, “Numerical implementation of differential transformations method for integro-differential equations,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 27, no. 3, 10 pages.
- C. W. Bert and H. Zeng, “Analysis of axial vibration of compound bars by differential transformation method,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 275, no. 3–5, pp. 641–647, 2004.
- B. Jang, “Solving linear and nonlinear initial value problems by the projected differential transform method,” Computer Physics Communications, vol. 181, no. 5, pp. 848–854, 2010.
- E. Heinsalu, M. Patriarca, I. Goychuk, G. Schmid, and P. Hänggi, “Fractional fokker-planck dynamics: numerical algorithm and simulations,” Physical Review E, vol. 73, no. 4, Article ID 046133, 9 pages, 2006.
- E. Heinsalu, M. Patriarca, I. Goychuk, and P. H. Hanggi, “Use and abuse of a fractional fokker-planck dynamics for time-dependent driving,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 99, no. 12, Article ID 120602, 4 pages, 2007.