- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 605854, 8 pages
A Kinetic Model for the Spread of Rumor in Emergencies
1Antai College of Economics and Management, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200052, China
2School of Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200052, China
3School of International Education, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200052, China
Received 3 July 2013; Revised 1 November 2013; Accepted 11 November 2013
Academic Editor: Tetsuji Tokihiro
Copyright © 2013 Guanghua Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Zhao, Q. Wang, J. Cheng, Y. Chen, J. Wang, and W. Huang, “Rumor spreading model with consideration of forgetting mechanism: a case of online blogging LiveJournal,” Physica A, vol. 390, no. 13, pp. 2619–2625, 2011.
- W. A. Peterson and N. P. Gist, “Rumor and public opinion,” American Journal of Sociology, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 159–167, 1951.
- P. Bordia and N. DiFonzo, “When social psychology became less social: prasad and the history of rumor research,” Asian Journal of Social Psychology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 49–61, 2002.
- G. A. Fine and P. A. Turner, Whispers on the Color Line: Rumor and Race in America, University of California Press, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 2001.
- L. J. Zhao, J. J. Wang, Y. C. Chen, Q. Wang, J. J. Cheng, and H. Cui, “SIHR rumor spreading model in social networks,” Physica A, vol. 391, no. 7, pp. 2444–2453, 2012.
- D. J. Daley and D. G. Kendall, “Epidemics and rumours,” Nature, vol. 204, no. 4963, p. 1118, 1964.
- D. J. Daley and D. G. Kendall, “Stochastic rumours,” Journal of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, vol. 1, pp. 42–55, 1965.
- D. P. Maki and M. Thompson, Mathematical Models and Applications, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1973.
- D. J. Daley, J. Gani, et al., Epidemic Modelling, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2000.
- S. Belen, E. Kropa, and G. W. Weber, “Rumours within time dependent Maki-Thompson Model,” Working Paper, 2008.
- W. Huang, “On rumour spreading with skepticism and denia,” Working Paper, 2011.
- C. Lefèvre and P. Picard, “Distribution of the final extent of a rumour process,” Journal of Applied Probability, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 244–249, 1994.
- B. Pittel, “On a Daley-Kendall model of random rumours,” Journal of Applied Probability, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 14–27, 1990.
- K. Thompson, R. Castro Estrada, D. Daugherty, and A. Cintrn Arias, “A deterministic approach to the spread of rumors,” Working Paper, Washington, DC, USA, 2003.
- K. Kawachi, “Deterministic models for rumor transmission,” Nonlinear Analysis. Real World Applications, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 1989–2028, 2008.
- K. Kawachi, M. Seki, H. Yoshida, Y. Otake, K. Warashina, and H. Ueda, “A rumor transmission model with various contact interactions,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 253, no. 1, pp. 55–60, 2008.
- X. X. Zhao and J. Z. Wang, “Dynamical model about rumor spreading with medium,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2013, Article ID 586867, 9 pages, 2013.
- E. Lebensztayn, F. P. Machado, and P. M. Rodríguez, “Limit theorems for a general stochastic rumour model,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 1476–1486, 2011.
- Z.-L. Zhang and Z.-Q. Zhang, “An interplay model for rumour spreading and emergency development,” Physica A, vol. 388, no. 19, pp. 4159–4166, 2009.
- L. J. Zhao, H. X. Cui, X. Y. Qiu, X. L. Wang, and J. J. Wang, “SIR rumor spreading model in the new media age,” Physica A, vol. 392, no. 4, pp. 995–1003, 2013.
- Z. E. Ma, Y. C. Zhou, and J. H. Wu, Modeling and Dynamics of Infectious Diseases, High Education Press & World Scientific, 2009.