- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 657286, 14 pages
Pattern Formation in a Semi-Ratio-Dependent Predator-Prey System with Diffusion
1Department of Mathematics Education, Catholic University of Daegu, Gyeongsan, Gyeongbuk 712-702, Republic of Korea
2Department of Mathematics, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702-701, Republic of Korea
3College of Mathematics and Computer, Ningxia University, Ningxia 750021, China
Received 31 October 2012; Accepted 25 February 2013
Academic Editor: Vimal Singh
Copyright © 2013 Hunki Baek et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Banerjee, “Self-replication of spatial patterns in a ratio-dependent predator-prey model,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 51, no. 1-2, pp. 44–52, 2010.
- I. Berenstein, M. Dolnik, L. Yang, A. M. Zhabotinsky, and I. R. Epstein, “Turing pattern formation in a two-layer system: superposition and superlattice patterns,” Physical Review E, vol. 70, no. 4, part 2, Article ID 046219, 2004.
- A. B. Medvinsky, S. V. Petrovskii, I. A. Tikhonova, H. Malchow, and B. L. Li, “Spatiotemporal complexity of plankton and fish dynamics,” SIAM Review, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 311–370, 2002.
- A. B. Rovinsky and M. Menzinger, “Self-organization induced by the differential flow of activator and inhibitor,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 70, no. 6, pp. 778–781, 1993.
- J. A. Sherratt, “An analysis of vegetation stripe formation in semi-arid landscapes,” Journal of Mathematical Biology, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 183–197, 2005.
- G. Q. Sun, Z. Jin, Y. G. Zhao, Q. X. Liu, and L. Li, “Spatial pattern in a predator-prey system with both self- and cross-diffusion,” International Journal of Modern Physics C, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 71–84, 2009.
- L. Yang, M. Dolnik, A. M. Zhabotinsky, and I. R. Epstein, “Pattern formation arising from interactions between turing and wave instabilities,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 117, no. 15, pp. 7259–7265, 2002.
- M. R. Garvie and C. Trenchea, “Spatiotemporal dynamics of two generic predator-prey models,” Journal of Biological Dynamics, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 559–570, 2010.
- W. Wang, L. Zhang, H. Wang, and Z. Li, “Pattern formation of a predator-prey system with Ivlev-type functional response,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 221, no. 2, pp. 131–140, 2010.
- L. Zhang, W. Wang, Y. Xue, and Z. Jin, “Complex dynamics of a Holling-type IV predator-prey model,” http://arxiv.org/abs/0801.4365.
- B. I. Camara and M. A. Aziz-Alaoui, “Turing and Hope patterns formation in a predator-prey model with Leslie-Gower-type functional response,” Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete and Impulsive Systems B, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 479–488, 2009.
- M. Fan and Q. Wang, “Periodic solutions of a class of nonautonomous discrete time semi-ratio-dependent predator-prey systems,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems B, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 563–574, 2004.
- H. F. Huo, “Periodic solutions for a semi-ratio-dependent predator-prey system with functional responses,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 313–320, 2005.
- Q. Wang, M. Fan, and K. Wang, “Dynamics of a class of nonautonomous semi-ratio-dependent predator-prey systems with functional responses,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 278, no. 2, pp. 443–471, 2003.
- D. Alonso, F. Bartumeus, and J. Catalan, “Mutual interference between predators can give rise to turing spatial patterns,” Ecology, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 28–34, 2002.
- Y. Bai and X. Zhang, “Stability and Hopf bifurcation in a diffusive predator-prey system with Beddington-DeAngelis functional response and time delay,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2011, Article ID 463721, 22 pages, 2011.
- M. Baurmann, T. Gross, and U. Feudel, “Instabilities in spatially extended predator-prey systems: spatio-temporal patterns in the neighborhood of Turing-Hopf bifurcations,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 245, no. 2, pp. 220–229, 2007.
- D. A. Garzón-Alvarado, C. H. Galeano, and J. M. Mantilla, “Turing pattern formation for reaction-convection-diffusion systems in fixed domains submitted to toroidal velocity fields,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 4913–4925, 2011.
- Y. N. Kyrychko, K. B. Blyuss, S. J. Hogan, and E. Schöll, “Control of spatiotemporal patterns in the Gray-Scott model,” Chaos, vol. 19, no. 4, Article ID 043126, 7 pages, 2009.
- L. Li and Z. Jin, “Pattern dynamics of a spatial predator-prey model with noise,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 1737–1744, 2012.
- S. Pal, S. Chatterjee, K. P. Das, and J. Chattopadhyay, “Role of competition in phytoplankton population for the occurrence and control of plankton bloom in the presence of environmental fluctuations,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 220, no. 2, pp. 96–110, 2009.
- S. V. Petrovskii and H. Malchow, “Wave of chaos: new mechanism of pattern formation in spatio-temporal population dynamics,” Theoretical Population Biology, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 157–174, 2001.
- F. Rao, W. Wang, and Z. Li, “Spatiotemporal complexity of a predator-prey system with the effect of noise and external forcing,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 1634–1644, 2009.
- M. J. Smith and J. A. Sherratt, “The effects of unequal diffusion coefficients on periodic travelling waves in oscillatory reaction-diffusion systems,” Physica D, vol. 236, no. 2, pp. 90–103, 2007.
- M. J. Smith, J. D. M. Rademacher, and J. A. Sherratt, “Absolutes stability of wavetrains can explain spatiotem- poral dynamics in reaction-diffusion systems of lambda-omega type,” SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 1136–1159, 2009.
- G. Q. Sun, G. Zhang, Z. Jin, and L. Li, “Predator cannibalism can give rise to regular spatial pattern in a predator-prey system,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 58, no. 1-2, pp. 75–84, 2009.
- G. Q. Sun, J. Zhang, L. P. Song, Z. Jin, and B. L. Li, “Pattern formation of a spatial predator-prey system,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 2215, pp. 11151–11162, 2012.
- W. Wang, Q. X. Liu, and Z. Jin, “Spatiotemporal complexity of a ratio-dependent predator-prey system,” Physical Review E, vol. 75, no. 5, Article ID 051913, 9 pages, 2007.
- W. Wang, W. Li, Z. Li, and H. Zhang, “The effect of colored noise on spatiotemporal dynamics of biological invasion in a diffusive predator-prey system,” BioSystems, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 48–56, 2011.
- Y. Wang, J. Wang, and L. Zhang, “Cross diffusion-induced pattern in an SI model,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 5, pp. 1965–1970, 2010.
- I. Kozlova, M. Singh, A. Easton, and P. Ridland, “Twospotted spider mite predator-prey model,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 42, no. 11-12, pp. 1287–1298, 2005.
- M. R. Garvie, “Finite-difference schemes for reaction-diffusion equations modeling predator-prey interactions in Matlab,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 931–956, 2007.
- R. K. Upadhyay, W. Wang, and N. K. Thakur, “Spatiotemporal dynamics in a spatial plankton system,” Mathematical Modelling of Natural Phenomena, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 1–12, 2010.