- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 715256, 6 pages
A Study on High-Speed Rail Pricing Strategy in the Context of Modes Competition
1State Key Laboratory of Rail Traffic Control and Safety, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing 100044, China
2School of Traffic and Transportation, Beijing Jiaotong University, Haidian District, Beijing 100044, China
Received 30 September 2013; Accepted 5 December 2013
Academic Editor: Huimin Niu
Copyright © 2013 Enjian Yao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Campos and G. de Rus, “Some stylized facts about high-speed rail: a review of HSR experiences around the world,” Transport Policy, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 19–28, 2009.
- L. Wang, G. Wu, and Z. Zhang, “Literature review and prospects for pricing of high-speed railroad,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Transportation Engineering (ICTE '11), pp. 1349–1353, Chengdu, China, July 2011.
- X. Zhang, W. X. Luan, Q. D. Cai, et al., “Research on dynamic pricing between high speed rail and air transport under the influence of induced passenger flow,” Information Technology Journal, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 431–435, 2012.
- L. Li and S. Tayur, “Medium-term pricing and operations planning in intermodal transportation,” Transportation Science, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 73–86, 2005.
- M. Labbé, P. Marcotte, and G. Savard, “A bilevel model of taxation and its application to optimal highway pricing,” Management Science, vol. 44, no. 12, pp. 1608–1622, 1998.
- J. Zeng, Y. J. Liu, and Y. Y. Lin, “Pricing model of train passenger transport based on the value of travel time and bi-level programming,” in Proceedings of the 2013 20th International Conference on Management Science & Engineering, pp. 393–399, Harbin, China, 2013.
- C. Hsu, Y. Lee, and C. Liao, “Competition between high-speed and conventional rail systems: a game theoretical approach,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 3162–3170, 2010.
- N. Adler, E. Pels, and C. Nash, “High-speed rail and air transport competition: game engineering as tool for cost-benefit analysis,” Transportation Research B, vol. 44, no. 7, pp. 812–833, 2010.
- S. N. Zhou, Q. S. Zhang, and X. W. Wu, “A new pricing model of China's parallel rail lines under the diversified property rights,” Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 135–148, 2013.
- M. Wardman, “Demand for rail travel and the effects of external factors,” Transportation Research E, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 129–148, 2006.
- C. Roman, R. Espino, and J. C. Martin, “Analyzing competition between the high speed train and alternative modes. The case of the Madrid-Zaragoza-Barcelona corridor,” Journal of Choice Modelling, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 84–108, 2010.
- C. Wen, W. Wang, and C. Fu, “Latent class nested logit model for analyzing high-speed rail access mode choice,” Transportation Research E, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 545–554, 2012.
- E. Yao, T. Morikawa, S. Kurauchi, and T. Tokida, “A study on nested logit mode choice model for intercity high-speed rail system with combined RP/SP data,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Traffic and Transportation Studies (ICTTS '02), pp. 612–619, July 2002.
- E. Yao and T. Morikawa, “A study of an integrated intercity travel demand model,” Transportation Research A, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 367–381, 2005.
- M. C. J. Bliemer, J. M. Rose, and D. A. Hensher, “Efficient stated choice experiments for estimating nested logit models,” Transportation Research B, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 19–35, 2009.