- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 756251, 6 pages
Single-Machine Scheduling with Upper Bounded Maintenance Time under the Deteriorating Effect
School of Economics and Management, Southeast University, Nanjing 210096, China
Received 14 January 2013; Revised 15 April 2013; Accepted 17 April 2013
Academic Editor: Mustapha Ait Rami
Copyright © 2013 Pengfei Xue and Yulin Zhang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Browne and U. Yechiali, “Scheduling deteriorating jobs on a single processor,” Operations Research, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 495–498, 1990.
- R. Rudek, “The strong NP-hardness of the maximum lateness minimization scheduling problem with the processing-time based aging effect,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 11, pp. 6498–6510, 2012.
- J.-B. Wang, “Single machine scheduling with decreasing linear deterioration under precedence constraints,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 95–103, 2009.
- X. Huang and M.-Z. Wang, “Parallel identical machines scheduling with deteriorating jobs and total absolute differences penalties,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 1349–1353, 2011.
- T. C. E. Cheng, W.-C. Lee, and C.-C. Wu, “Single-machine scheduling with deteriorating jobs and past-sequence-dependent setup times,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 1861–1867, 2011.
- C. J. Hsu, S. J. Yang, and D. L. Yang, “Due-date assignment and optional maintenance activity scheduling problem with linear deterioreting jobs,” Journal of Marine Science and Technology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 97–100, 2011.
- T. C. E. Cheng, S. J. Yang, and D. L. Yang, “Common due-window assignment and scheduling of linear time-dependent deteriorating jobs and a deteriorating maintenance activity,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 135, no. 1, pp. 154–161, 2012.
- C. J. Hsu, S. J. Yang, and D. L. Yang, “Two due date assignment problems with position-dependent processing time on a single-machine,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 796–800, 2011.
- G. Mosheiov, “A note: multi-machine scheduling with general position-based deterioration to minimize total load,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 135, no. 1, pp. 523–525, 2012.
- K. Rustogi and V. A. Strusevich, “Single machine scheduling with general positional deterioration and rate-modifying maintenance,” Omega, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 791–804, 2012.
- P.-J. Lai and W.-C. Lee, “Single-machine scheduling with a nonlinear deterioration function,” Information Processing Letters, vol. 110, no. 11, pp. 455–459, 2010.
- S. J. Yang and D. L. Yang, “Minimizing the makespan on single-machine scheduling with aging effect and variable maintenance activities,” Omega, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 528–533, 2010.
- K. Sun and H. Li, “Minimizing total weighted completion time on single machine with past-sequence-dependent setup times and exponential time-dependent and position-dependent learning effects,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2009, Article ID 970510, 10 pages, 2009.
- J.-B. Wang and Q. Guo, “A due-date assignment problem with learning effect and deteriorating jobs,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 309–313, 2010.
- K. R. Baker and G. D. Scudder, “Sequencing with earliness and tardiness penalties: a review,” Operations Research, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 22–36, 1990.
- T. C. E. Cheng and M. C. Gupta, “Survey of scheduling research involving due date determination decisions,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 156–166, 1989.
- V. Gordon, J.-M. Proth, and C. Chu, “A survey of the state-of-the-art of common due date assignment and scheduling research,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 139, no. 1, pp. 1–25, 2002.
- S. D. Liman, S. S. Panwalkar, and S. Thongmee, “Common due window size and location determination in a single machine scheduling problem,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 1007–1010, 1998.
- G. Mosheiov and A. Sarig, “Scheduling a maintenance activity and due-window assignment on a single machine,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 2541–2545, 2009.
- W. H. Kuo and D. L. Yang, “Minimizing the makespan in a single-machine scheduling problem with the cyclic process of an aging effect,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 416–420, 2008.
- C. Zhao and H. Tang, “Single machine scheduling with general job-dependent aging effect and maintenance activities to minimize makespan,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 837–841, 2010.
- W. J. Chen, “Minimizing number of tardy jobs on a single machine subject to periodic maintenance,” Omega, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 591–599, 2009.
- C.-Y. Lee and Z.-L. Chen, “Scheduling jobs and maintenance activities on parallel machines,” Naval Research Logistics, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 145–165, 2000.
- M. A. Kubzin and V. A. Strusevich, “Planning machine maintenance in two-machine shop scheduling,” Operations Research, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 789–800, 2006.
- R. L. Graham, E. L. Lawler, J. K. Lenstra, and A. H. G. Rinnooy Kan, “Optimization and approximation in deterministic sequencing and scheduling: a survey,” Annals of Discrete Mathematics, vol. 5, pp. 287–326, 1979.
- G. H. Hardy, J. E. Littlewood, and G. Polya, Inequalities, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2008.