- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 798961, 9 pages
Permanence, Extinction, and Almost Periodic Solution of a Nicholson's Blowflies Model with Feedback Control and Time Delay
Sunshine College, Fuzhou University, Fuzhou, Fujian 350015, China
Received 20 February 2013; Accepted 7 April 2013
Academic Editor: Yonghui Xia
Copyright © 2013 Haihui Wu and Shengbin Yu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. S. C. Gurney, S. P. Blythe, and R. M. Nisbet, “Nicholson's blowflies revisited,” Nature, vol. 287, no. 5777, pp. 17–21, 1980.
- M. R. S. Kulenović and G. Ladas, “Linearized oscillations in population dynamics,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 615–627, 1987.
- I. Győri and G. Ladas, Oscillation Theory of Delay Differential Equations with Applications, Oxford Mathematical Monographs, The Clarendon Press, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- I. Győri and S. I. Trofimchuk, “On the existence of rapidly oscillatory solutions in the Nicholson blowflies equation,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 48, no. 7, pp. 1033–1042, 2002.
- M. R. S. Kulenović, G. Ladas, and Y. G. Sficas, “Global attractivity in Nicholson's blowflies,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 43, no. 1-2, pp. 109–124, 1992.
- J. W.-H. So and J. S. Yu, “Global attractivity and uniform persistence in Nicholson's blowflies,” Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 11–18, 1994.
- W.-T. Li and Y.-H. Fan, “Existence and global attractivity of positive periodic solutions for the impulsive delay Nicholson's blowflies model,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 201, no. 1, pp. 55–68, 2007.
- S. H. Saker and S. Agarwal, “Oscillation and global attractivity in a periodic Nicholson's blowflies model,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 35, no. 7-8, pp. 719–731, 2002.
- L.-L. Wang and Y.-H. Fan, “Permanence for a discrete Nicholson's blowflies model with feedback control and delay,” International Journal of Biomathematics, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 433–442, 2008.
- S. B. Yu, “Almost periodic solution of Nicholson's blowflies model with feedback control,” Journal of Fuzhou University. Natural Science Edition, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 481–485, 2010 (Chinese).
- A. F. Nindjin, M. A. Aziz-Alaoui, and M. Cadivel, “Analysis of a predator-prey model with modified Leslie-Gower and Holling-type II schemes with time delay,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 1104–1118, 2006.
- C. H. Feng, Y. J. Liu, and W. G. Ge, “Almost periodic solutions for delay Lotka-Volterra competitive systems,” Acta Mathematicae Applicatae Sinica, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 458–465, 2005 (Chinese).
- F. Chen, J. Yang, and L. Chen, “Note on the persistent property of a feedback control system with delays,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 1061–1066, 2010.
- F. Chen, J. Yang, L. Chen, and X. Xie, “On a mutualism model with feedback controls,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 214, no. 2, pp. 581–587, 2009.
- A. Tineo, “Asymptotic behaviour of positive solutions of the nonautonomous Lotka-Volterra competition equations,” Differential and Integral Equations, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 449–457, 1993.
- W. M. Hirsch, H. Hanisch, and J.-P. Gabriel, “Differential equation models of some parasitic infections: methods for the study of asymptotic behavior,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 733–753, 1985.
- Z. J. Du and Y. S. Lv, “Permanence and almost periodic solution of a Lotka-Volterra model with mutual interference and time delays,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 1054–1068, 2012.
- X. Lin and F. Chen, “Almost periodic solution for a Volterra model with mutual interference and Beddington-DeAngelis functional response,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 214, no. 2, pp. 548–556, 2009.
- X. X. Chen and F. D. Chen, “Almost-periodic solutions of a delay population equation with feedback control,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 559–571, 2006.
- F. Chen, Z. Li, and Y. Huang, “Note on the permanence of a competitive system with infinite delay and feedback controls,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 680–687, 2007.
- W. Qi and B. Dai, “Almost periodic solution for -species Lotka-Volterra competitive system with delay and feedback controls,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 200, no. 1, pp. 133–146, 2008.
- Y. Xia, J. Cao, H. Zhang, and F. Chen, “Almost periodic solutions of -species competitive system with feedback controls,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 294, no. 2, pp. 503–522, 2004.
- F. Chen and X. Cao, “Existence of almost periodic solution in a ratio-dependent Leslie system with feedback controls,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 341, no. 2, pp. 1399–1412, 2008.
- Z. D. Teng, “The almost periodic Kolmogorov competitive systems,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 1221–1230, 2000.
- A. M. Fink, Almost Periodic Differential Equations, vol. 377 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1974.
- C. Y. He, Almost Periodic Differential Equations, Higher Education Publishing House, Beijing, China, 1992.
- I. Barbǎlat, “Systems d'equations differential d’oscillations nonlinearies,” Revue Roumaine de Mathématique Pures et Appliquées, vol. 4, pp. 267–270, 1959.