- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 862612, 5 pages
Weighted Complex Network Analysis of Pakistan Highways
School of Business Administration, South China of University of Technology, Guangzhou 510640, China
Received 19 July 2013; Accepted 13 October 2013
Academic Editor: Zhen Jin
Copyright © 2013 Yasir Tariq Mohmand and Aihu Wang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A.-L. Barabási and R. Albert, “Emergence of scaling in random networks,” Science, vol. 286, no. 5439, pp. 509–512, 1999.
- W. Li and X. Cai, “Statistical analysis of airport network of China,” Physical Review E, vol. 69, no. 4, Article ID 046106, 2004.
- G. Bagler, “Analysis of the airport network of India as a complex weighted network,” Physica A, vol. 387, no. 12, pp. 2972–2980, 2008.
- R. Guimerà, S. Mossa, A. Turtschi, and L. A. N. Amaral, “The worldwide air transportation network: anomalous centrality, community structure, and cities' global roles,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 102, no. 22, pp. 7794–7799, 2005.
- W. Li and X. Cai, “Empirical analysis of a scale-free railway network in China,” Physica A, vol. 382, no. 2, pp. 693–703, 2007.
- P. Sen, S. Dasgupta, A. Chatterjee, P. A. Sreeram, G. Mukherjee, and S. S. Manna, “Small-world properties of the Indian railway network,” Physical Review E, vol. 67, no. 3, Article ID 036106, 2003.
- H. Soh, S. Lim, T. Zhang et al., “Weighted complex network analysis of travel routes on the Singapore public transportation system,” Physica A, vol. 389, no. 24, pp. 5852–5863, 2010.
- J . Sienkiewica and J. A. Holyst, “Statistical analysis of 22 public transport networks in Poland,” Physical Review E, vol. 72, no. 4, Article ID 046127, 2005.
- V . Latoraa and M. Marchiorib, “Statistical mechanics and its applications,” Physica A, vol. 314, no. 1–4, pp. 109–113, 2002.
- S. Mukherjee, “Statistical analysis of the road network of India,” Pramana Journal of Physics, vol. 79, no. 3, pp. 483–491, 2012.
- National Highway Authority of Pakistan, http://nha.gov.pk/about-nha/background/.
- G. Chowell, J. M. Hyman, S. Eubank, and C. Castillo-Chavez, “Scaling laws for the movement of people between locations in a large city,” Physical Review E, vol. 68, no. 6, Article ID 066102, 2003.
- M. E. J. Newman, “Assortative mixing in networks,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 89, no. 20, Article ID 208701, 2002.
- X. Xu, J. Hu, F. Liu, et al., “Empirical analysis of the ship-transport network of China,” Chaos, vol. 17, Article ID 023129, 2007.
- B. K. Singh and N. Gupte, “Congestion and decongestion in a communication network,” Physical Review E, vol. 71, no. 5, Article ID 055103, 2005.
- S. Mukherjee and N. Gupte, “Gradient mechanism in a communication network,” Physical Review E, vol. 77, no. 3, article 036121, 12 pages, 2008.
- U. Brandes, “On variants of shortest-path betweenness centrality and their generic computation,” Social Networks, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 136–145, 2008.